Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XXX: N+2 Teaser revealed

In the next phase of N+ disease I'm picking up frames two at a time. Frames increase the symptoms duration because of the extended period building up the bike

PICS!
    One is white and chrome, 531 tubing - I'll buy a brown/copper Persons leather saddle for it
    One is red and white 853 tubing with matching Reynolds Ouzo Pro CF fork - that needs bullhorn/aerobars

The newer frame is destined for resale since it's a 52.

2002 Jamis Eclipse, 853 frame, Reynolds Ouzo Pro full CF fork

Peugeot PX-10, circa 1970, the build parts are on order
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Jamis would look great with drop bars and black 2009 SRAM Rival components.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    The Jamis would look great with drop bars and black 2009 SRAM Rival components.
    SRAM would be awesome but she will be a cheap build. I have a no-name BB, Record crankset, Nashbar carbon fiber seatpost, Cane Creek headset, cheap Selle saddle, 3TT stem/dropbar, 105 FD/RD and Dura Ace bar end shifters. SRAM chain! I'm hoping to pick up a 32+ spoke used silver wheelset with 9 speed cassette cheap.
    If I don't sell the Jamis outright I hope to loan or rent her. A coworker's wife is planning to enter a triathalon next year.

I have a Pivo stem, french drop bars, alloy seatpost (26.4 was labelled Ross), stronglight BB, Campy NR crankset and Campy high flange hubs for the Peugeot. I also have a Viscount saddle, and some DA hubs laced to Matrix ISO rims for now. I buffed the SIFEM pedals today and got a replacement pedal cap and toeclips. The seat post also buffed to a nice shine. A silver frame pump (decoration - Sila?) and original pump hook clamp are ready. I do need three top tube brake line clamps. I do have some wonderful wound silver brake cable that veloorange used to sell but I'm not sure it's enough (was cut for another bike).
    The fork/headset and pedals need servicing and perhaps new bearings. The builds should keep me out of trouble for a month or so.

Edit - I also need brake pads for the Mafac brakes
    Last edited by robtown; 12-07-08 at 09:49 PM.
    Korval is Ships

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many times have we seen that same curb?

dck
    My Bikes
    '62 Peugeot UO8, '63 Schwinn Superior, ;72 Peugeot PX-10, '74 Motobecane LeChampion, '74 Motobecane Grand Jubile, '74 Peugeot UO18, '81 Fuji S12-S Mixte
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking PX-10 frameset. Here's my '72...pretty much original. I put an Ideale 90 saddle on it a couple weeks ago.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerlenbach View Post
    How many times have we seen that same curb?
    That cub is across the street & gets the morning sun - I haven't used it as much as one on my side with a rose bush in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by dck View Post
    Great looking PX-10 frameset. Here's my '72...pretty much original. I put an Ideale 90 saddle on it a couple weeks ago.
    A stunning beauty! I see you have the brakes wired motorcycle style. I have the same crank on my Raleigh Gran Sport.
    I'm considering a dark brown Persons leather saddle with copper rails/rivets for my build. I'll hold off until I make sure she fits properly.
    Last edited by robtown; 12-08-08 at 11:18 AM.
    Korval is Ships

dck
    My Bikes
    '62 Peugeot UO8, '63 Schwinn Superior, ;72 Peugeot PX-10, '74 Motobecane LeChampion, '74 Motobecane Grand Jubile, '74 Peugeot UO18, '81 Fuji S12-S Mixte
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robtown View Post
    I see you have the brakes wired motorcycle style.
    Not sure what motorcycle style means, but that's how these bikes come from the factory.

You should have a great vintage ride when you get it built-up. If you should ever want to get rid of it, let me know.

Dave

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were in the market for a road bike, that Jamis build would be very tempting. Right size for me, nice frame, just about the right component level.

Alas.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dck View Post
    Not sure what motorcycle style means, but that's how these bikes come from the factory.
    Dave
    I think Robtown was referring to the right brake lever being connected to the front caliper and the left lever to the rear. That, as you know, is opposite of the usual hook up. Nothing wrong with it, though.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow - the frame is 61cm ctc and tall. My carefully polished seat post is only extended 1". The good news is the Pivo stem stands high making up for the negative angled bars. It's almost level with the saddle. I also have a long torso so the proportional top bar will fit well.
    I have all the parts in house and am slowly cleaning, replacing bearings and making progress towards her new maiden ride.
    Korval is Ships

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The initial build on the PX10 frame. The non standard parts are a Pivot stem, DA wheelset, Viscount saddle, Ross alloy seatpost, Sifem pedals (japanese clips), Campy NR crankset, Suntour freewheel, and shimano FD. I have a Simplex FD on the way from dirtdrop (thanks for the Stronglight BB) and am having high flange Campy record hubs built with 700c rims. I'll shellac the black cloth bar tape soon.
    She's a tall bike (61+ cm) and I had to install a smaller freewheel. That gearing is a bit high for me. I'll post more pics when I get the wheelset.

Korval is Ships

dck
    My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great!

Put the new wheels, a Brooks B-17 or Professional on it and it'll be a knock-out.

I suspect it'll be your favorite ride.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's beautiful, slim, trim and elegant. Quite a contrast to the brutish sort of creations that I turn out.

It reminds me of the differences between the classic car restorers and the drag race crowd.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That last items for the Jamis are on order - compression fitting for carbon fork, ISIS BB, Trutative silver/black 53/39 crankset. The Hutchetson tires, carbon weave tape, 3TT stem/bar, Nashbar CF seatpost, 105 FD/RD, Cane Creek SCR-5c levers, DA 9 speed bar ends, Selle saddle, Ritchey OCR wheels, Ultgra cassette, and SRAM chain are all in-house
    Korval is Ships