Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good way to start the new year

New Year's Day we're sleeping in.
    Went to my wife's retirement party yesterday. Drove her to work for the last time this morning. No more getting up at 5:30.

Now I'll have more time for riding and she'll have time for walking, yoga, and anything else she's been postponing because of time constraints. She never has caught the cycling bug but always lets me get what I need/want at the bike shop.
    Last edited by RonH; 12-31-08 at 07:30 AM.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just drove through Atlanta yesterday afternoon around 4pm. After experiencing all the traffic and merging delays I could see why you would want to hide in your bed all day......

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    We just drove through Atlanta yesterday afternoon around 4pm. After experiencing all the traffic and merging delays I could see why you would want to hide in your bed all day......
    +1
    My wife and I visited friends in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. We had a good time as we usually do when we go there. As we were leaving on I-20 she looked at me and said what she says every time we go there, "There's not enough money in the world to make me deal with this every day."
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    As we were leaving on I-20 she looked at me and said what she says every time we go there, "There's not enough money in the world to make me deal with this every day."
    Luckily we only live 4.5 miles from Emory (her now former employer). The traffic is why we have been (and still are ) looking for a good place to move to. We've looked at south/central/west GA, near Chattanooga, western NC, western SC, and north FL (near Tallahassee). Next we're looking at north AL (near Huntsville) and south central Tennessee. It would help a lot if the housing market would get back to normal so we could sell the house.
    Last edited by RonH; 01-01-09 at 07:43 AM.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya wanna buy mine?

....sorry but the shoveler doesn't come with the house.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cranky old dude View Post
    ....sorry but the shoveler doesn't come with the house.
    Shovels are for digging holes aren't they?
    Looks like you need to lay some sod. Your yard is covered with some sort of white stuff.