Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Volunteering to help with 1st annual ride

VOLUNTEERING TO HELP WITH 1ST ANNUAL RIDE

Currently, we have 3 folks working on the club/liability issue - Colorado Dale, Dellphinus and qcpmsame (hope I got the screen names correct).

tsl has volunteered to see about the possibility of group discounts at motel(s) in Glenwood.

Any more volunteers?

We need assistance with at least the following:

* Arranging a group dinner at a place where we can all meet, likely on the 30th or 31st. I have a couple of ideas, if interested. Did someone already volunteer for this?

* Central meeting points, logistics, maps, etc.

Other? What am I missing? Should we have two dinners?

Please do not reply on this thread if you are or are not coming. Instead, reply on the sticky about the ride. BFN 50+ First Annual Ride - Monday, August 31
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 01-03-09 at 05:16 PM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

tsl
    My Bikes
    1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox View Post
    tsl has volunteered to see about the possibility of group discounts at motel(s) in Glenwood.
    And now that the holidays are past, I'll be working on that. I'll report back in a couple of weeks.
    My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
    The perfect day: Riding a bike to the library.—Peter Golkin

Lucky for me, I work at a library and bike to work.

My Bikes
    06 Co-Motion Tandem, Fuji Team Pro mine,-Hers, Specialized Dolce
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started looking into cycling routes in the area, not knowing what has already been planned. I found some interesting information but not a lot of published routes. I did find some long distance routes but after a long search I found a link to bicyclecolo.org. They appear to have a lot of information and a nice set of maps of various areas in Colorado for sale on their site.

I would be more than happy to look into some of these routes but thought I might ask if anyone here is a member of Bicycle Colorado. If so it may help. If not I can still purchase maps without joining.

Dnvr: I noticed that there is a nice brew pub in the old Hotel Denver in downtown Glenwood. It is called the Glenwood Canyon Brewing Company. This is from the advert: Award Winning Beers & Food

Specialty beers are brewed on the premises and served fresh. To accompany the suds, choose from delicious appetizers, burgers, gourmet pizza, and southwestern, seafood & pasta entrees. Be sure to try one of the desserts…as much a work of art as heaven to the palate.

Sounds like a fun place for a get together dinner and I think a couple of get together dinners are appropriate.

By the way. Red Rider and I are planning on coming out. We have an old friend in Grand Junction and we plan on seeing her then coming on over to Glenwood. I will work on getting some maps and we can talk about logistics as we go. I will PM you for some further info and advice.
    Two blondes walked into a building-You think one of them would have seen it.
    2006 Co-Motion Roadster 2006 Fuji Team Pro, 2005 Specialized Dolce Comp, 2008 Orbea Diva (Red Riders Baby-"The Avocado")
    Custom Simonetti (thanks Steve)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgallagh View Post
    I started looking into cycling routes in the area, not knowing what has already been planned. I found some interesting information but not a lot of published routes. I did find some long distance routes but after a long search I found a link to bicyclecolo.org. They appear to have a lot of information and a nice set of maps of various areas in Colorado for sale on their site.

I would be more than happy to look into some of these routes but thought I might ask if anyone here is a member of Bicycle Colorado. If so it may help. If not I can still purchase maps without joining.

Dnvr: I noticed that there is a nice brew pub in the old Hotel Denver in downtown Glenwood. It is called the Glenwood Canyon Brewing Company. This is from the advert: Award Winning Beers & Food

Specialty beers are brewed on the premises and served fresh. To accompany the suds, choose from delicious appetizers, burgers, gourmet pizza, and southwestern, seafood & pasta entrees. Be sure to try one of the desserts…as much a work of art as heaven to the palate.

Sounds like a fun place for a get together dinner and I think a couple of get together dinners are appropriate.

By the way. Red Rider and I are planning on coming out. We have an old friend in Grand Junction and we plan on seeing her then coming on over to Glenwood. I will work on getting some maps and we can talk about logistics as we go. I will PM you for some further info and advice.
    There are some routes already posted here:

Annual 50+ Bike Forum Ride?
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    06 Co-Motion Tandem, Fuji Team Pro mine,-Hers, Specialized Dolce
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I missed that thread.
    Two blondes walked into a building-You think one of them would have seen it.
    2006 Co-Motion Roadster 2006 Fuji Team Pro, 2005 Specialized Dolce Comp, 2008 Orbea Diva (Red Riders Baby-"The Avocado")
    Custom Simonetti (thanks Steve)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can leave a message here, or contact me by PM if you want more info.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else want to help?

cgallagh has offered to assist in getting the rides together, and has offered suggestions regarding the dinner(s).

I have vowed I will not do this by myself. If there is not enough interest from others to actually share the workload, then this ride shouldn't happen.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 01-06-09 at 06:50 AM.

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^

If he helps, then by default so do I.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    ^^^^

If he helps, then by default so do I.

Thanks so much

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am up for working on additional things related to the 50+ ride as well as the insurance - liabilty. Just point me in the direction you need workers for and I'll pitch in.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
    I am up for working on additional things related to the 50+ ride as well as the insurance - liabilty. Just point me in the direction you need workers for and I'll pitch in.

Bill
    Thanks!

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to help in some way and am trying to figure out what else is needed... or, I could assist one of the other volunteers if needed.....
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yen View Post
    I'd like to help in some way and am trying to figure out what else is needed... or, I could assist one of the other volunteers if needed.....
    Take a look at what we have done so far and what we are planning. What holes do you see? What are we missing?