Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Download a Cycling Log

Works on PCs and Macs. This guy seems to have put a lot of time into this. Standard version is free. You pay for more bells and whistles. By the way, I have no financial or other interest in this. In fact, I don't even keep a cycling log, but it comes recommended from someone who does.

http://www.ProLogCycling.com/
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish my life were organized enough to "interface" with a cycling log. I keep my own numbers and thoughts in a three ring binder--almost more like a journal--but the not always predictable, irregular, randomness of my work and life schedule makes a structured log not-so-workable.

I wonder if, when I retire, I'll be able to lead a more cycle-centric life. Hope so. Be like Dnvr
    The aging cyclist may not get faster-- but he does get slower at slowing down.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realize you had been, um, er, irregular.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Banned.
    My Bikes
    Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made one using a simple Excel spread sheet. It is a log/ journel or what ever I want to add a row or cell to cover. I was only interested in mileage, time, ride description, and average speed.

My Bikes
    Cannondale R700 USA Ed. & Motobecane Century Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will take a look at ProLogCycling.com, but it says it is for the"serious" cyclist. Hey, I'll be honest, while I'm serious about cycling, I am just a recreational cyclist. I don't ride in any races, I ride my bike to ride my bike.

I'm currently using BikeJournal.com. I like it very much and it does everything I need it to do. It is free and I can access it from any PC on the Internet. You can track the mileage on your bike(s), your tires, your chain and so forth.

http://www.bikejournal.com/

But I will take a look at ProLogCycling.com.

Ride On!
    -Spoke
    "On the road again, I can't wait to get on the road again!" -Willie

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice tip to pass along, JT.

Not that I need it, but I'm sure some will find it handy. I learned from Nixon to not make a record of anything.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    I learned from Nixon to not make a record of anything.
    I learned from Nixon how to erase the evidence, or at least 18-1/2 minutes of it...

My Bikes
    yikes, too many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Travis View Post
    Works on PCs and Macs. This guy seems to have put a lot of time into this. Standard version is free. You pay for more bells and whistles. By the way, I have no financial or other interest in this. In fact, I don't even keep a cycling log, but it comes recommended from someone who does.

http://www.ProLogCycling.com/
    Thanks for the kudos. Yeah, I put a lot of time in the last year improving the spreadsheet. 2009 version was released about 14 days ago and there are already 700 new users. If you have any questions, let me know.

Ride On!

-GG-
    Bikes: Salsa Fargo Parlee Z1 Holland Pinarello Biemmezeta Della Santa