User Tag List

My Bikes
    Raleigh SC30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my first ride in for 2009

Today club Hypoxia went for a ride & it was my first ride since Nov 9 2008 so I am a little sore this evening.

It started out a little chili, we met at the coffee shop & it was 25 degrees but after the first 10 miles it got better. I haven't ridden in cold so I wasn't sure how to dress and I thought I might be overdressed but I did good. We ended up having 9 of us & I ended up with 36 miles....

Tomorrow is supposes to be nice but a little windy but we were thinking of getting out again....

It was SOOOOOOOOO nice to get together with friends again, it has been to long. I have had trouble with getting motivated with everything going on in the last few months, but today really helped me get back on track, it really pumped me up!!!!

On a side note, the wife finally filed for divorce last week so my motto (if that is what you call it) for 2009 is; this year is for personal growth & riding bike sure does help the mind, body & soul......It is going to be a hard year trying to live on a single income, but God will provide & I'm looking for a exciting year!!!!!

Last year was my first year on a road bike & I did 4,273.4 miles & that was from March, so I think maybe I'll shoot for 6,000 this year..
    2007 Specialized Roubaix

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping to get out today as the temperature is above freezing. Only problem is the amount of ice that is about. It's going to take more than a bit of sun this morning to get rid of that so might just be a short ride to see if the bike still works.--and the legs---and the lungs.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Raleigh SC30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a couple of pictures to share, it was chili but so worth getting out.

I'm the one in the stealth look: Black is back!!!
    2007 Specialized Roubaix

tsl
    My Bikes
    '96 Litespeed Classic, '06 Trek Portland, '13 Ribble Winter/Audax
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say hi to everyone for me.

Those pics make me miss the folks and the riding you have there.
    My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
    The perfect day: Riding a bike to the library.—Peter Golkin

Lucky for me, I work at a library and bike to work.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by w2brdbkr View Post
    Here are a couple of pictures to share, it was chili but so worth getting out.
    They are serving chili at Starbucks now?

Nice looking group and background with the farm and the hills behind it. From the way everyone is bundled up, I would guess that the weather was somewhat chilly.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.