Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The second or third? annual trainer music thread.

We did this last year, and maybe before that (its 50+ do you think I really remember?). It's always interesting to find what new and unexpected music folks have found to while away the hours on the trainer (hours....yea right). Last year if I remember, Loreena McKennitt was one of the surprises for me as it didn't fit into the "exercise genre"

Here we go again:

For warmups, when you just got on the trainer and are in a bad mood (you just got on the trainer.....duh), try Axel F (or foley) by Harold Faltermeyer. You may know it as the theme from Beverly Hills Cop. I got mine from a disc titled Number1's "Sound Track Smashes". Could be laying around a junk store near you.

For fun, try Unbelievable by EMF......found on more albums than I can think of.

For a change of pace try "You Again", a track off of the Blind Man Walking Album by Cadillac Sky.

"You better Run" from Pat Benatar.

Lastly.........make this last because your gonna want to get off the trainer and die, try "Choice" a hardcore punk track from Orbital. I would recomend this for TT riders as its musical caffeine.

Sometimes the music sets the cadence, but often it sets the mood and you just make up the cadence that moves you.

For those of you living in Warm Places who may not understand the torture implement known as a trainer...
    Last edited by maddmaxx; 01-11-09 at 08:47 AM.

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Foo Fighters and Madonna's Hard Candy. There is something about the 50 year old material girl that........
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like music with simple lyrics when riding the trainer so I don't get caught up in any heavy thinking.

Old stuff by the Stones, The Who, George Thorogood, ZZ Top, and the original Little Feat with Lowell George - to name a few.
    Last edited by Louis; 01-11-09 at 05:32 PM.

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles due west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and 2011 Felt Z4. :-)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Music?? I'm setting up the MacBook so I can watch Netflix movies when I'm on the trainer.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2011 Felt Z4

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as the Music has the right cadence- it doesn't matter much. Not a great lover of current music- but down at the gym- it is the cadence and how it suits the exerciseI am doing that counts- not the content.

But on the bike and I have to like the music I am hearing. Late 60's rock and Blues are the main themes on the I Pod- but also getting the ocasional classical creaping in now.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Music?? I'm setting up the MacBook so I can watch Netflix movies when I'm on the trainer.
    What sort of movies help on the trainer...

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles due west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and 2011 Felt Z4. :-)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    What sort of movies help on the trainer...
    Anything that gets me out of the "I'm so bored" frame of mind.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2011 Felt Z4

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best I've found so far is a DVD of The Who performing Quadraphenia. A great mix of slow/mellow and incredibly intense.

I don't spend enough time on the trainer to try a lot of different things. Anything to take my mind away from the drudgery of what I'm doing.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.