Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Health Seminar Series for cyclists

If anyone in the greater Madison area is interested in attending one to four free seminars on health-related cycling topics, here's your chance. They're all free.

Since they are for "advanced cyclists" I doubt I'll be going. I did attend last year's single 2 hour seminar that touched several of these same topics, in less depth.

http://apps.uwhealth.org/cse/detail.jsp?cse=370
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Health-related cycling topics" for advanced cyclists only? I don't get it.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advanced is only a relative term?????

My Bikes
    Cervelo Prodigy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe its advanced in disease.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfield Cat View Post
    Maybe its advanced in disease.
    This is the 50+ forum, guys and gals. Of course, its "Advanced in Age."

Where is the seminar on "cycling and sex" for the advanced (in age) cyclist?
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Alison Brooks will discuss the relationship between the non-impact sport of cycling and bone density, especially in the masters aged (30 years and older) cyclist."

See. it is about old folks!
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The interface between a cyclist and his or her bike involves pressure in specific anatomic locations which can lead to the compression of nerves. Alison Brooks will discuss the cause, symptoms and treatment of handlebar- and saddle-related compression injuries. Heidi Ploeg will share recent findings related to pelvic motion and saddle pressure during cycling that may help you to find the best saddle for you."

Hmmm ... given my on-going fight with pain in my thumb, perhaps I should think about going to this one.

OTOH, I already found the answer to my thumb pain and saddle discomfort ... recumbent bike!
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post