User Tag List

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Open question to the moderators

I have registered for the Team-in-Training, which raises money for leukemia and lymphoma research and treatment. I will be training for the Fletcher-Flyer century in Asheville, N.C., in June.

My mother-in-law died of CLL. We supported a child with ALL who survived and is now in her early 20s. We have a friend of the family, age 21, who was just this week diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease.

I have plenty of motivation to raise funds. Plus, this is one of those athletic goals that gives you motivation to try something you've never done before. My longest ride to date was 62.4 miles.

May I use this site as one of my motivational and maybe fund-raising tools, primarily by linking it to my TIT website?

If it's allowable, I would appreciate it NOT being moved to another forum. I find the input of old coots who have done this sort of thing very valuable.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not certain but I think if the link is on your signature line- then it is OK.

Now I see the mad frenzy for the indoor trainer!!!!!!!!

100 miles is a long way-- That is at least 3 pie stops
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the seventh day the moderators rested.

It's all good.

My Bikes
    Bianchi San Remo - set up as a utility bike, Peter Mooney Road bike, Peter Mooney commute bike,Dahon Folder,Schwinn Paramount Tandem
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TWL

Good luck on your charity ride.

I do a charity ride each year, and put a link to my fundraising page in the signature line of my work e-mail. Turned out that something in the sig line triggered our corporate spam filter, so I would send an e-mail to a customer, and if they replied, it would go straight to the spam filter!

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weak Link View Post
    I have registered for the Team-in-Training, which raises money for leukemia and lymphoma research and treatment. I will be training for the Fletcher-Flyer century in Asheville, N.C., in June.

My mother-in-law died of CLL. We supported a child with ALL who survived and is now in her early 20s. We have a friend of the family, age 21, who was just this week diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease.

I have plenty of motivation to raise funds. Plus, this is one of those athletic goals that gives you motivation to try something you've never done before. My longest ride to date was 62.4 miles.

May I use this site as one of my motivational and maybe fund-raising tools, primarily by linking it to my TIT website?

If it's allowable, I would appreciate it NOT being moved to another forum. I find the input of
    old coots who have done this sort of thing very valuable.
    Mods do us all a favor...move him to the "old cutes" forum.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weak Link View Post

You can put a link in your signature and/or post something in the Charity Events forum and put a link to that thread in your signature.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Will do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put in a link to a charity ride I'm doing in a couple of weeks and, so far, have not gotten one donation.
    Not a problem as I'll willingly pay the "price of admission" on my own but good luck with yours
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)