Getting Prepared for the 50+ Annual Pie Ride
We have TWO big 50+ events this year. The first 50+ First Annual Ride (August 31 in Glenwood Springs, CO), and, I believe the 3rd (or is it 4th?) Annual Pie Ride.
Last year we had some folks who did NOT do the pie ride - they claimed they didn't know about it.
So, I am posting this now so folks can get in training, and won't be scared by the difficulties of the ride.
The Annual Pie Ride takes place the 3rd Saturday of Sept. Riders are required to do at least a 15-mile ride with a stop for pie along the way. Recommended pie is blueberry, but any berry pie will do. Otherwise, any pie will do in a pinch.
So, to train for the pie ride, it is necessary to do these things.
1. Ride 15 miles on Saturdays.
2. Locate someplace that serves pies - preferably a traditional cafe'.
3. Learn to eat pie on Saturdays
4. Remember the 3rd Saturday in September is the 19th.
5. Pictures are encourgaed with proper reporting to the forum on the success of your pie ride.
The pie ride goes back a ways to a traditional ride by some 50+'rs in Wisconsin who would always ride to Irma's on Saturdays and have a piece of blueberry pie, and then report to us with pictures, etc.