Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you ride while others were watching the Superbowl?

Me, I went down to Two Rivers Park along the Arkansas River. Its one of the few flat places around, and has 3 things, fine houses, ranches and gardens, and the Park.

The clouds kept it cool and pretty, but not too dark. The park was popular. Most people were on the main paved trail that leads to a point through swamps and pine forests.

I was on my recumbent and one 50+ roadie told me that when I grew up I could ride a bike like he had. I was ready to slug him for that stupid remark. Instead, I took a minor trail and ended up with a beautiful and undisturbed view of the river.

There is a community garden in the park, and people were just beginning to plant their crops. Signs that spring is coming.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game didn't start until about 6:30 pm EST. It was 5:30 and the sun had gone down about 20 minutes before. I had gone out for a walk in our beautiful 35 degree sunny weather. Best day we've had in several weeks. But I still got back before the game started, not that I care a lot, as I don't care which team wins and I may end up watching something else.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode the Barcalounger watching the game. But I did a ride earlier in the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who won, the Pistons or the Yankees?

I have senior moments... bikinfool's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went riding with some friends for the afternoon at what we call Skeggs (El Corte de Madera) on the San Francisco peninsula. Am just now letting the dvr catch me up, haven't got to the game yet, still filtering through all the pregame stuff. Beautiful afternoon in the redwoods would still win even without the dvr.
    suum quique
    Mountain bikes: Santa Cruz Hecklers (99, 02, 07), Santa Cruz Nomad, Moots YBB, Trek OCLV Pro Issue, American Breezer
    Road bikes: TST, Trek 2300 (Carbon/Alum)

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a nice, sunny 62 degrees F this afternoon when I rode 5 miles around the local rural roads with my my wife and her brand new bike. Then my son and I continued at a more spirited pace for another 15 miles. We were home hours before the game started. By then it was dark and time to sit in the LayZboy and eat while watching the game and commercials.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent an hour clearing hard packed ice away from our mailbox so the mailman could get his truck in to deliver our mail. Got a notice from the Post Office yesterday, seems they don't like to exit their truck (I knew that). Then it was a nice long shower and a nap. Super Bowl? What Super Bowl? There was a Super Bowl?

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix - Look 566 - Jamis Coda Elite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won 2 quarters for $50. I never seen a game with so many penalties.
    George

My Bikes
    Bicycle Transportation: 2013 Ford Focus Electric, 2010 Toyota Prius
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I was finishing a 45 mile ride when the Super Bowl started. It was nice because there was definitely less traffic than usual on the mean streets of SoCal.

I got back part way through the 2nd quarter and got to see the rest of the game. Bruce was great.
    Thanks.
    Cleave
    "Real men wear pink."
    See my cycling photos at http://www.pbase.com/cleavel/bicycling
    See my bikes at http://www.pbase.com/cleavel/mybicycles
    Visit my blog at http://cleavesblant.wordpress.com/
    Lightning Velo Cycling Club: http://www.lightningvelo.org/

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode around Mission Bay and THEN watched the Super Bowl!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my 30 mile outdoor ride today in time to be able to watch my Stillers win. Sunny and 40 degrees, it felt like summer again! We had a 7 man posse of good riders. Today's ride took me to 10.25 hours of training/riding this week. This ride put me at 10.25 hrs of riding/training this week and my legs felt it, I was able to have restraint and didn't do the hill sprints and two town line sprints.
    oldschool areodynamic brick

My Bikes
    Marin Pt. Reyes, Gary Fisher HiFi Pro, Easy Racers Gold Rush recumbent, Cannondale F600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't normally watch football but had an invitation to a Superbowl party with my nephew's girlfriend's family, and went there after a great ride (ice and rain free!) They always put on a great feed, so I was definitely looking forward to it... and the game turned out to be exciting too.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rode the trainer during part of the superbowl. Watched part of "The Closer" marathon while on the trainer....

Can't get excited about the superbowl, its only football. The best thing about the Superbowl is that it marks the almost start of the Nascar Season...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did 12.5 miles on the Airdyne in the basement after work. Watched a WWII documentary.

My Bikes
    Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Four days of rain. We're stuck in front of the TV.
    Pray for the Dead and Fight like Hell for the Living

^ Since January 1, 2012

My Bikes
    Specialized Tricross Comp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode earlier in the day for the first time in a few weeks -- DC has been cold. Then I went out to dinner with friends during the first half - who is Arizona, anyway? But, "free Doritos in the office today" - bwah, ha, ha. That was better than football.
    Every man is, or hopes to be, an Idler. -- Samuel Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went rding 8:30 in the morning. It was 25 degrees here in central New Jersey, and somewhat breezy. Rode for an hour and loved it - beautiful morning. Came back, our son and his lady friend came over for breakfast, and then I showered and relaxed the rest of the day.

Great Sunday.
    Best regards
    Barry,68,New Jersey
    2012 Trek 7.4FX - Exercise for life

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took it easy on Saturday's 85 mile ride, so I had a lot left Sunday morning for the 30 mile sprint/hammerfest. Got home to do some chores before the game and noticed a large branch had fallen from the Pepper tree and was lying on the wires from the power pole to the house.
    Spent an hour+ cutting it down and it was pretty tiring, wasn't in tree trimming shape.
    I did enjoy the game even though I was rooting for the underdogs.

My Bikes
    1970s Royal Scot 3-Speed, 2005 Breezer Villager 7-Speed IGH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game was broadcast during the afternoon here. Madame Pobble and I went on our usual 4.5 mile climb of the Tantalus Loop. Found two lililkoi (passion fruit) by the road on the way up and on the way down a ripe avocado, which we enjoyed commercial-free when we got home. Thought that what with the game we might have the road all to ourselves, but saw five other riders plus a smattering of cars & motorcycles...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before the game, 36 mile ride up the coast, a slight jog inland over a beautiful redwood lined 10% climb and a very steep technical hairpin filled descent back to the coast. As I crested the top of the climb, the sunlight on the Monterey Bay was almost blinding. What a day! What a place to live!
    Oh ya, the game was ok....

My Bikes
    1976 Apollo Mk IV, mid-'80s Miyata touring bike, mid-'80s Miyata mtn bike, 2007 Trek 6500 mtn bike, 2008 Trek Madone 5.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    I took it easy on Saturday's 85 mile ride, so I had a lot left Sunday morning for the 30 mile sprint/hammerfest. Got home to do some chores before the game and noticed a large branch had fallen from the Pepper tree and was lying on the wires from the power pole to the house.
    Spent an hour+ cutting it down and it was pretty tiring, wasn't in tree trimming shape.
    I did enjoy the game even though I was rooting for the underdogs.
    Good grief, man, are you trying to get your name on the local news? Are you saying you worked on a branch lying across a live power wire?

My Bikes
    Mecian
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode my butt up to the couch to watch the game on out new big screen that my MIL bought as a gift because she is taking over the basement as a living quarters. Although slightly warmer, nearly 40, wind was still blowing 20-30 mph most of the weekend.
    Recycle, Reclaim, Reuse and Repair
    The 4 Rs to save the planet

"Toes"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone Wrench View Post
    Good grief, man, are you trying to get your name on the local news? Are you saying you worked on a branch lying across a live power wire?
    My girlfriend and my neighbor expressed similar thoughts. I was careful, though, and now I have a truckload of branches to get rid of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode the #1 train home from work and managed to catch the last 5 minutes of the game. It was 50F here in NYC today so I did get out and ride 2 laps of Central Park. 1st ride of the year and it felt great. I didn't even mind the stripe down my back.

My Bikes
    Trek Domane 4.5, Trek 1500
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode 38.7 late Sunday morning, and was home by 12:30 MST. Plenty of time for lunch, go wash the car, and shower before the Super Bowl party.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast