Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Near Record Temp in WI - Who Rode?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-09, 04:44 PM

Bikes: 2018 Domane SL7

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 24 Posts

Spectacular day for Feb here in SE Wisconsin. Sunny and 55. Only negative was wind - 15-25 with gusts to 30. Saw it coming so took a vacation day. Glad I did!

Went for an hike along the shore of Lake Mich with my wife in the morning. What a way to start the day! We stopped for lunch the way home which don't often do. Then it was on the road for me.

My plan was for a fairly light exertion 25-miler. Wind fouled up the light exertion part, but it was a sweet ride anyway. Just so good to get out in the sun without dressing up in 7 layers. And I'm really liking the new bike, too.

Anyone else get out for an unexpected spring ride?
Old 02-10-09, 05:48 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
We seem to be happy about it. I started a thread about our good weather earlier today. We hit record highs in Madison. No riding, but I got in a 1+ hr walk over lunch.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 02-10-09, 06:01 PM
S E Michigan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New record here in Michigan south a Detroit also 59 degrees . I got in 25 miles. one way was dead intoa head wind of about 25 miles an hr I see according to the news tonight !Yhat beats 15 below :O))))
Old 02-10-09, 09:18 PM
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Did not ride today as I had to (gasp!) work. However, I did get out twice last week giving me 10+ miles for the year.