Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 02-22-09, 11:04 AM   #1
djnzlab1

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Changed Clipless type

HI,
I ve been riding with that Crankbrother style pedal and recently decided to try a Keo style pedal on my bike,
I already had the road shoes and had tried a different Look pedal with the delta clips didn't care for them at all ,So i ordered a KEO clone

pedal and it is much better for me, I like the way it feels (red CLips) its almost like no clips at all until you stop I did losen up the hold down for a while till I am sure I can easily unclip. I have the clip covers for walking about thats a big plus my new cleats came with covers.
The pedal distributes your energy better, your legs feel more springy very pleased.
Doug
djnzlab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 04:48 PM   #2
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Hi Doug,

I use the Shimano SPD-L, which look to be quite similar. I do have some authentic LOOK brand pedals on my steel bike w/triple, and find they're tough to snap into, but easy to click out.

Re: Crank Bros. I have those (Original Eggbeaters) on my fixed gear bike, since they have four planes of entry, that works well for me since I'm trying to snap in while the pedal is still going around!

True, the Eggbeaters don't have the even foot support of the Look / SPD-L's, but for that specific application, I find they work well. In your post you call them "Crank Bros. style." Is someone else making a Crank Bros. copy pedal? If so, news to me!

Rick / OCRR

Last edited by Rick@OCRR; 02-23-09 at 01:43 PM.
Rick@OCRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 06:05 PM   #3
BikeArkansas

Bikes: 2015 Fuji Transonic 1.3, 2015 All City Mr. Pink, 2009 Surly Long Haul Trucker, 2009 Jamis single speed, 2012 Scorpion FX trike
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I agree with Rick in that the specific riding style makes a difference. I ride the Keo type Shimano on my road bike, but I used the Crank Brothers eggbeater pedals on my touring bike. Both are excellent for the type of bike and riding.
BikeArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 08:34 PM   #4
dcvelo
Pretend Racer

Bikes:
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeArkansas View Post
I agree with Rick in that the specific riding style makes a difference. I ride the Keo type Shimano on my road bike, but I used the Crank Brothers eggbeater pedals on my touring bike. Both are excellent for the type of bike and riding.
Yep...Keo's on my road bikes. Eggbeaters on my cross bike.

Of course I'm not in the habit of jumping off my road bikes while they're rollong...
dcvelo is offline   Reply With Quote