Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changed Clipless type

HI,
    I ve been riding with that Crankbrother style pedal and recently decided to try a Keo style pedal on my bike,
    I already had the road shoes and had tried a different Look pedal with the delta clips didn't care for them at all ,So i ordered a KEO clone

pedal and it is much better for me, I like the way it feels (red CLips) its almost like no clips at all until you stop I did losen up the hold down for a while till I am sure I can easily unclip. I have the clip covers for walking about thats a big plus my new cleats came with covers.
    The pedal distributes your energy better, your legs feel more springy very pleased.
    Doug

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Doug,

I use the Shimano SPD-L, which look to be quite similar. I do have some authentic LOOK brand pedals on my steel bike w/triple, and find they're tough to snap into, but easy to click out.

Re: Crank Bros. I have those (Original Eggbeaters) on my fixed gear bike, since they have four planes of entry, that works well for me since I'm trying to snap in while the pedal is still going around!

True, the Eggbeaters don't have the even foot support of the Look / SPD-L's, but for that specific application, I find they work well. In your post you call them "Crank Bros. style." Is someone else making a Crank Bros. copy pedal? If so, news to me!

Rick / OCRR
    Last edited by Rick@OCRR; 02-23-09 at 01:43 PM.

My Bikes
    2008 Scott Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Rick in that the specific riding style makes a difference. I ride the Keo type Shimano on my road bike, but I used the Crank Brothers eggbeater pedals on my touring bike. Both are excellent for the type of bike and riding.
    I started riding my bike to get healthy. Now I try to stay healthy so I can ride my bike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeArkansas View Post
    I agree with Rick in that the specific riding style makes a difference. I ride the Keo type Shimano on my road bike, but I used the Crank Brothers eggbeater pedals on my touring bike. Both are excellent for the type of bike and riding.
    Yep...Keo's on my road bikes. Eggbeaters on my cross bike.

Of course I'm not in the habit of jumping off my road bikes while they're rollong...