Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   The Truckaccino Has Arrived (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/513639-truckaccino-has-arrived.html)

Louis 02-22-09 11:35 AM

The Truckaccino Has Arrived

1 Attachment(s)
I Picked it up yesterday.:love: This is my first real touring bike. Just put the cages and pedals on but still have not had a chance to ride it. I'm going to steal a computer and fenders from other bikes in my harem sometime today so I can ride in this wet snow we're getting.

norwood 02-22-09 12:00 PM

Nice, I really like that color.

gcottay 02-22-09 12:22 PM

Handsome bike, but seeing ice on the porch makes it a sad picture!

stapfam 02-22-09 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by gcottay (Post 8405120)
Handsome bike, but seeing ice on the porch makes it a sad picture!

Thats not ice. It's an aid to keeping the bike nice and clean for another few days.

Looks a nice ride. Just don't go riding in the desert and leave it any where.

cranky old dude 02-22-09 12:38 PM

Congratulations on the new ride Louis.

Here's to many miles and many smiles.

cccorlew 02-22-09 12:42 PM

Man, that's one long wheelbase. It's gonna ride like a limo.
My wife just got a Cross Check, and if you lie your LHT anywhere near as much as she likes her Surly, you'll be one happy rider.

Enjoy!

Louis 02-22-09 02:08 PM

Thanks for all the good words, everyone. The guys at the LBS were as excited as I was. It's the first truckaccino color LHT they've seen so far.

maddmaxx 02-22-09 03:03 PM

It's gorgeous.....................but one (two actually) small thing (s)....................those plastic things in the spokes...................I can accept spoke protector discs but those......................things...:twitchy:

Louis 02-22-09 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by maddmaxx (Post 8406012)
It's gorgeous.....................but one (two actually) small thing (s)....................those plastic things in the spokes...................I can accept spoke protector discs but those......................things...:twitchy:

:lol:I wondered if anyone would notice that stuff.:lol: The reflectors are already off (as we speak) but the dork disc might wait until I pull the cassette for whatever reason.

I just finished installing the fenders and computer. Still no ride yet because the roads are covered with ice and snow.

BengeBoy 02-22-09 04:57 PM

Very nice bike! I had never seen that color, even in a bike store - thanks for posting.

I was on the first big group ride of the year here ("The Chilly Hilly") and saw several LHT's out on the road -- but none that color.

Always nice to be the first kid on the block with something new, isn't it?

Tom Bombadil 02-22-09 05:09 PM

Very nice clean looking all purpose bike. Will be looking for a ride report.

As to the reflectors, heck, I, even Tom "Fred" Bombadil, took off my wheel reflectors on the 1st day.

George 02-22-09 05:14 PM

Beautiful Louis, you said you were looking and you finally did it, congratulations on the new ride.:thumb:

Beverly 02-22-09 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 8406440)
I just finished installing the fenders and computer. Still no ride yet because the roads are covered with ice and snow.

The fenders will keep the ice and snow off you:D We didn't get much snow in this corner of Ohio. We did get a lot of "slush" that froze over night making my drive a skating rink again:( It's just too cold for me. I'm waiting for some 40F weather.

I love the color!

Robert Foster 02-22-09 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by stapfam (Post 8405197)
Thats not ice. It's an aid to keeping the bike nice and clean for another few days.

Looks a nice ride. Just don't go riding in the desert and leave it any where.

Hey, I live in the desert and he is more than welcome to ride it here and leave it as long as he wants. :innocent:

doctor j 02-22-09 08:35 PM

Very nice, Louis. Congrats on the new ride. Give us a report and pics after the Spring thaw.

Louis 02-22-09 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Beverly (Post 8407575)
The fenders will keep the ice and snow off you:D We didn't get much snow in this corner of Ohio. We did get a lot of "slush" that froze over night making my drive a skating rink again:( It's just too cold for me. I'm waiting for some 40F weather.

I love the color!

For a while today we were having "white out" blizzard snow up here. Looks like Weds. will be my first chance at lift-off - if the weather guy is even close with his forecast.

I realize I'm used to race bikes, but with those fenders and rack trunk installed, the LHT is beginning to look like a full dress Harley. Of course it only weighs Half as much.:rolleyes:

BikeArkansas 02-22-09 08:53 PM

Congratulations on the LHT. I recently purchased a LHT, but I got the olive green color. Did not wait on the great color you have.
Riding the LHT has been great. I probably have 400 plus miles on it, but the good part is that I have 100 miles on it fully (and I mean FULLY) loaded. It rides the best when loaded.
Are you installing a front rack for panniers? The LHT likes the weight on the front wheel.
Good luck and I hope you have many many great miles of tour riding.

Louis 02-22-09 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by BikeArkansas (Post 8407869)
Congratulations on the LHT. I recently purchased a LHT, but I got the olive green color. Did not wait on the great color you have.
Riding the LHT has been great. I probably have 400 plus miles on it, but the good part is that I have 100 miles on it fully (and I mean FULLY) loaded. It rides the best when loaded.
Are you installing a front rack for panniers? The LHT likes the weight on the front wheel.
Good luck and I hope you have many many great miles of tour riding.

Always glad to hear these things from a LHT owner, BA.

I have a Blackburn low rider front rack hanging under my workbench somewhere. I only plan to install it when I decide to actually do some touring.

NOS88 02-23-09 07:00 AM

Congrats on a very plush looking ride.

bjjoondo 02-23-09 08:22 AM

Sweet, that machine looks rugged enough to tour anywhere, ENJOY!:thumb:

Red Rider 02-23-09 09:13 AM

Oooh, what a pretty bike!

Congrats!

Looking forward to a ride report...probably not as much as you're looking forward to riding it...

Louis 02-23-09 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil (Post 8406597)
As to the reflectors, heck, I, even Tom "Fred" Bombadil, took off my wheel reflectors on the 1st day.

Like me, do you find that wheel reflectors interfere with your baseball cards?

Jet Travis 02-23-09 08:11 PM

Louis, you dog. I had no idea you had such good taste.

Tom Bombadil 02-23-09 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 8414142)
Like me, do you find that wheel reflectors interfere with your baseball cards?

I must admit that my 1987 Bridgestone CB-1 still has its spoke reflectors on it.

maddmaxx 02-24-09 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil (Post 8414892)
I must admit that my 1987 Bridgestone CB-1 still has its spoke reflectors on it.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhh. :roflmao2: