Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blankety blank weather people!

Forecast is for 5-10 cm's(2-4 ins) of the white stuff overnite and tomorrow,just finished doing the driveway and measure the backyard. 25CM's(11 inches) since 5 o'clock and still falling hard.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know your in the milder portions..........but it's still Canada...

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you need a vacation in FL, SoCal or maybe Australia. You'd feel better then. I the meantime, don't blame the weather people, it's not their fault. Plus, they're usually wrong anyway!

Rick / OCRR

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had 7" over the weekend and are looking at another inch tonight. We are looking at a cold weekend coming up (Sat 25/8, Sun 24/9), but March is almost here and the warm up must eventually happen.

Just 10 more days until our sunset is at 6:57 pm.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's only February man!!! Ya gotta expect snow in the winter! What I hate is the early spring snow/thaw cycle: snow, melt, snow more to cover the mud, melt...

My Bikes
    '06 K2 Zed 3.0, '09 Novara Buzz V
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, you should study & go for the job...I mean, what other profession can you have a hit ration of less than 25% correct, and still get paid? Other than Wall Street, or being a US Automotive exec...or...forget it.

My Bikes
    1976 Apollo Mk IV, mid-'80s Miyata touring bike, mid-'80s Miyata mtn bike, 2007 Trek 6500 mtn bike, 2008 Trek Madone 5.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Around here, March is often the snowiest month of the winter. It is unlikely I will be on the road bike before April. And April weather is very unpredictable. The really nice cycling weather usually starts in May and lasts through the end of September or beginning of October.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proves the fact that Punxsutawney Phil was correct.

My Bikes
    Too many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here, 100km to the south of Nanaimo, the sun is shining and no trace of the few flakes that fell overnight. It's bright and 1C.
    VeloWeb | VeloWebLog

"The bicycle is the noblest invention of mankind." ~William Saroyan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka_Jun View Post
    Dude, you should study & go for the job...I mean, what other profession can you have a hit ration of less than 25% correct, and still get paid? Other than Wall Street, or being a US Automotive exec...or...forget it.
    Oh how true!!!

Yesterday's weather report for this area was just cloudy with the daytime high of 45 degrees F.

Got up at 7 to load the bicycles onto the car. The plan was for a ride on the Schuylkill River Trail from Valley Forge down into Philly and back.

Pulled the wife's Raleigh Detour out of the shed. When I went to wheel it out to the car the rear brake lever would not work. The bike had last been used in a lot of mud in mid-Dec. Water went into the brake cable housing. Not being stainless the cable of course rusted fast. Put it back and pulled her Trek Navigator. Pumped up the tires and loaded it onto the car. Then pulled my Trek Multitrack. As I pushed it out of the yard it made a funny thunking sound. Noted the plastic disk in the rear wheel had broken loose. Pliers took care of that. Got it on the car.
    So it was off to Betzwood, or so I thought at the time. Stopped at a nearby WAWA for hot chocolate. As we climbed out of the car the snow flakes started to fall. But not to worry the weather channel said it would be finished by 8:30 a.m.
    Then down the road towards Valley Forge. While passing by the nuke plant cooling towers we ran into very heavy sleet. Then out of it. Pulled into the Betzwood parking lot. Everything dry. As I started to pull my bike off the rack we were again pelted by sleet.
    Then it was up to Ridge Pike. The wife noted a few rays of sun towards Philly. So down Ridge and onto Kelly drive. A quick trip to the rest rooms before unloading the bikes. Everything nice and dry. Come out of the rest rooms and again get pelted with sleet.
    So it was hit a place to eat and head home.

So now I am wondering if there is a patron saint of bicycling we must pray to. Or is their some heathen god that requires a sacrifice. Say an old chain or inner tube.

I tend to look out for evil omens and this date did not let me down. Last year I watched 30 or 40 buzzards circling overhead in the Betzwood parking lot and that was the day the wife and her bike ended up in the Roxborough ER.

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is was 91 in CenTx at 5PM, warmest day we've had. Mrs. Mono and I took the tandem out for a 15 mile spin. I wore shorts and short sleeves with my Shimano sandals. We're just hoping it will rain again someday.
    Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.....Milton Friedman