Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non Clipless fall

Weather was better yesterday but gardening and home duties got in the way of a ride. So Sunday morning and 45 F and 30mph winds but some good sun to warm me up mentally. Thanks to the wind- I planned a route to give me some shelter- unless it was going to be at my back . Broke with my norm and did 38 miles to the cafe ( Pic of pie attached). Thanks to the Wind- I had decided to Go west under Tree cover and then back to the cafe. Decided to go to Pevensey to take a pic of part of our English Heritage so the first "Norman" church to be built in England is as an attachment aswell. From there it was just going to be 10 miles back home but just as I crossed the Cuckoo line (A Local MUP)- I saw the kids from the road out on a ride with one of the parents. Who says kids today don't exercise. I joined in with them as with only one adult, who is not a cyclist or any form of fitness pervert, he was having difficulties.

Suffice it to say that we got the Kids safely home but the 8 year olds were just about finished. One good thing came out of it though. The adult tried my bike. This is one person in the road that will run away from me as soon as I mention bike riding- just in case in his enebriated stupour that he is probably in at the end of the night- I get him to agree to a bike ride. He wants me to get him fit enough to do a 50 mile bike ride. Just to show his mates at work that he is not the unfit person they all know he is. First ride will be next saturday and he will be riding the OCR. Only a 20 miler and he is going to get sponsorship for A charity we have over here called Comic relief.

So 54 miles done today and I had better get onto that Fall. Going through Pevensy and I took a shortcut through the castle grounds. At one point there were a few walkers so I unclipped just in case I had to stop suddenly. Got to the track stand stage and put pressure on the pedal and slipped off the damn thing. Straight over onto soft grass and mud so no damage. And someone did enquire if I was OK but They were a bit shocked when I told them that there was a rare Primrose just begiing to flower in the long grass and I just wanted to check it out. As I left the scene- I looked back to see two women looking in the grass where I had fallen- They obviously believed me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    My Bikes
    GTO
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice report.
    Glad to see that you go to church.
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    They obviously believed me.
    Yeah, but they don't know you like we do.

The picture doesn't show the pie very clearly. What kind is it?

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    Yeah, but they don't know you like we do.

The picture doesn't show the pie very clearly. What kind is it?
    Not 100% sure it can be called anything knowable- Pie crust and an almond Sponge. But it was nice.

And the year the church was built is 1080--14 years after the last time England was invaded successfully. Currently have Eastern Europeans trying to take over but even they have had enough of England and are going home.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't tell which is sweeter....the pie or the kid grupetto. I also have found that plastic does not adhere well to plastic. My aged nards paid the price.
    The aging cyclist may not get faster-- but he does get slower at slowing down.

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your response was brilliant. I'm saving that for future reference.

My Bikes
    Fuji Absolute 4.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice shot of the pie (that really looked good) with bike in back ground. nicer is the one with the kids. amazing church picture with bike and date of 1080. now those folks knew how to build.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never got past the pie pic.........looked delicious.
    "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

'12 Salsa Casseroll (Pepé)
    '09 Specialized Roubaix Elite (Black Stallion)
    '89 Puegeot Bordeaux (Big Blue)
    '08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (Shadow)
    '06 Trek Navigator 500 (The Beast)