Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a difference 7 days makes!!!

About 50 degrees worth-thankfully on the warmer end here in NC.

Last weekend was the wet and white stuff with temps 15-30. For various reasons I wasn't able to ride for 2 weeks.

I tried to make up most of the riding up this weekend. Stayed out 6+ hours and did a nice 102 miler in 70+ degree weather. With the low humidity and nice temps I kept looking for San Diego city limit signs. Did a little recovery ride today and then worked in 18 holes of golf. I now have a really good start on my tan lines for 2009!!

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our temps of mid - 40s' would be fine, to ride today,except for the "high wind advisory"' We just had over 3" of rain this past weekend. Do you feel my contempt? Right now I'm holding my hand at arm length with my index finger and thumb about 1/2" apart. I've eyeballed my fingers over your advatar and I'm "crushing your head". Do you feel it? Ok, I'll just squeeze my fingers together a little closer, feel it yet? Yea, I'm crushing your head. I hope that teaches you a lesson about rubbing it into my eyes.
    oldschool areodynamic brick

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were out in the desert, and the temp. is a matter of altitude. It was 65 deg.F at the start on the desert floor (Anza Borrego), but very cold (40F)at the top of the first climb (Montezuma Valley Rd.), only about 2,200 ft. higher up.

Very cold on the descent to San Felipe (we carried extra clothes in our jersey pockets so we could dress warm at the summit), then warmer as we got close to Santa Ysabel (take off extra clothes), then colder again on the climb to Julian, and v.cold on the first 2/3 of the 10 mi. descent out of Julian.

Take off extra clothes again when we got down to the desert floor. Some wind, but nothing terrible. This was about 40 mi. from the U.S./Mexican boarder for your geographical ref.

Rick / OCRR

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you finally got some nice weather. We did a TTT on Saturday and a long ride on Sunday. Temps were in the 50s /60s and sunny.

It is too bad OHIO has such lousy weather.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Glad you finally got some nice weather. We did a TTT on Saturday and a long ride on Sunday. Temps were in the 50s /60s and sunny.

It is too bad OHIO has such lousy weather.
    In order to avoid the risk of getting banned, I'll keep my thought's to myself regarding your little dig.
    oldschool areodynamic brick

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet View Post
    In order to avoid the risk of getting banned, I'll keep my thought's to myself regarding your little dig.
    Pointless keeping it in Saturday would have been a good day for riding- but I went Sunday. Had to battle with a 30mph westerly tailwind on the route I went on-had enough sense to take a protected route when I went East. And the little ridse we have in temps that means we are approaching 50 occasionally has finished till the end of March. At least I had enough sense to get some warmer clothing this winter.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    '12 Salsa Casseroll...Pepé.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet View Post
    Our temps of mid - 40s' would be fine, to ride today,except for the "high wind advisory"' We just had over 3" of rain this past weekend. Do you feel my contempt? Right now I'm holding my hand at arm length with my index finger and thumb about 1/2" apart. I've eyeballed my fingers over your advatar and I'm "crushing your head". Do you feel it? Ok, I'll just squeeze my fingers together a little closer, feel it yet? Yea, I'm crushing your head. I hope that teaches you a lesson about rubbing it into my eyes.
    When you are through with that avatar, I have a pair of vice grips just waiting to be used.
    "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

'12 Salsa Casseroll (Pepé)
    '09 Specialized Roubaix Elite (Black Stallion)
    '89 Puegeot Bordeaux (Big Blue)
    '08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (Shadow)
    '06 Trek Navigator 500 (The Beast)