Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Snow Again Today (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/518664-snow-again-today.html)

Timtruro 03-09-09 04:22 PM

Snow Again Today

yesterday in the 50's, decent biking weather even with the wind. Today, Rain that turned to sleet, then snow. Really cold and raw. Tomorrow, more of the same predicted, with just rain predicted for Wednesday. If I was not afraid of the moderator I would have said it really s**ked.

It is time to ride, what happened to spring.

Louis 03-09-09 04:29 PM

I'd be very surprised if we don't get any more snow here before long. It's usually mid April before the 'all clear' can be sounded.

stapfam 03-09-09 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Timtruro (Post 8498785)

Been wondering the same and I have looked and couldn't find a date when it was supposed to start.

With British Summertime starting on March 29th- It looks like spring was cancelled this year.

Jet Travis 03-09-09 04:41 PM

85 and sunny here. With snow possible by Friday.

Suzie Green 03-09-09 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Timtruro (Post 8498785)
yesterday in the 50's, decent biking weather even with the wind. Today, Rain that turned to sleet, then snow. Really cold and raw. Tomorrow, more of the same predicted, with just rain predicted for Wednesday. If I was not afraid of the moderator I would have said it really s**ked.

And you live near the Cape where it doesn't stick around much anyway. You could be up in this neck of Taxachusetts where it's more hella miserable. And we suffered through the ice storm of the century in December too. :lol:

Tom Bombadil 03-09-09 05:01 PM

We had snow yesterday. And yet another cold front is on its way in. Wed morning may have wind chills down to around 2-3 degrees. Thursday morning will be sub-zero. But weekend highs are expected to be in the 40s. That's a lot warmer than what we've had for 4 months.

Timtruro 03-09-09 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jet Travis (Post 8498886)
85 and sunny here. With snow possible by Friday.

light up Jet

Timtruro 03-09-09 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Suzie Green (Post 8498952)
And you live near the Cape where it doesn't stick around much anyway. You could be up in this neck of Taxachusetts where it's more hella miserable. And we suffered through the ice storm of the century in December too. :lol:

True, but have you noticed the trend toward more snow on the South Shore in the last few years? I remember the old days when all of the heavy snow was "north and west of Boston".

stringbreaker 03-09-09 07:04 PM

Heck its still snowing even in Seattle what the heck is going on. Weatherman is talking down into the 20's the next few nights. Thats just wrong

roccobike 03-09-09 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by stringbreaker (Post 8499708)
Heck its still snowing even in Seattle what the heck is going on. Weatherman is talking down into the 20's the next few nights. Thats just wrong

That's too bad.
Well I have to go and clean up my bike after riding in 80 degree weather :D. Whew, it's starting to get hot around here.

Suzie Green 03-09-09 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Timtruro (Post 8499677)
True, but have you noticed the trend toward more snow on the South Shore in the last few years? I remember the old days when all of the heavy snow was "north and west of Boston".

I'm trying my best to blow it all down your way. :D

Randochap 03-09-09 09:57 PM

Same here. Not much -- just a couple centimetres -- but bitter wind with it.