Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Third World Layabout crtreedude's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Cannondale F900 and Tandem
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eight days and counting till I am legal.

Yep, only eight more days of 49, and then you all are in trouble.

I am wondering if there is anything I need to start prepping for to prepare for the big 5-0. Most of my hair is still with me and almost everything still works. Should I get in a box in case things start falling off?

My Bikes
    '12 Salsa Casseroll...Pepé.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crtreedude View Post
    Yep, only eight more days of 49, and then you all are in trouble.

I am wondering if there is anything I need to start prepping for to prepare for the big 5-0. Most of my hair is still with me and almost everything still works. Should I get in a box in case things start falling off?
    Definitely, in eight days your hair will fall out and more things will begin to hurt. Hey, you've been posting illegally all this time. Shame on you youngster.
    "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

'12 Salsa Casseroll (Pepé)
    '09 Specialized Roubaix Elite (Black Stallion)
    '89 Puegeot Bordeaux (Big Blue)
    '08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (Shadow)
    '06 Trek Navigator 500 (The Beast)

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timtruro View Post
    Definitely, in eight days your hair will fall out and more things will begin to hurt. Hey, you've been posting illegally all this time. Shame on you youngster.
    Merely practicing. I assure you, nothing was serious...

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    49'ers are coming out of the woodwork. Unixpro, now crtreedude. And that chip guy, let's just call him cowchip, was saying something about 9/11 & 50.

Welcome crtreedude to the club. Hope you have some liniment, you're going need it.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vitamin I - the aging man's friend. Can be bought by the bucketfull without a prescription when you are 50.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    49'ers are coming out of the woodwork. Unixpro, now crtreedude. And that chip guy, let's just call him cowchip, was saying something about 9/11 & 50.

Welcome crtreedude to the club. Hope you have some liniment, you're going need it.
    Like cockroaches?

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your going to need a bigger mailbox. The AARP will be adding to your collection of mail. The days of just credit card offers will be over.

Do you have any unique flavors of pie in Costa Rica that you could offer up as part of your induction?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post

I got your cowchip hangin, old man.

(really, I do...freakin roids )
    "Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wondering if there is anything I need to start prepping for to prepare for the big 5-0. Most of my hair is still with me.
    Keeping ones hair is easily done. All that it takes is a simple operation to eliminate the organs which produce the male hormones. There are few side effects. For instance, your beard will stop growing. Some guys miss shaving so they do their legs.

Every time that I see a man in our age group with a full head of hair, I wonder. If he shaves his legs, I KNOW.

Uh - I just noticed how much hair cowchip's avitar has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only I could get my beard and leg hair that same platinum color, I'd be golden...err platinum.
    "Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    Your going to need a bigger mailbox. The AARP will be adding to your collection of mail. The days of just credit card offers will be over.

Do you have any unique flavors of pie in Costa Rica that you could offer up as part of your induction?
    One of the true tragedies of living here is they don't know what pie even is, except that which is left by cows, of course...

And you all thought I lived in paradise, didcha?

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do know that with chippy and I joining the group, you are doomed...

My Bikes
    2002 Lemond Zurich, 2006 Santa Cruz Superlight, 2010 Landshark, 2012 Santa Cruz Juliana, 2014 Juliana Premiero Origin 29er and last but not least, the "Frankenweenie"!
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez I didn't realize you were still so young!!! Anyway now that you are officially becoming middle age (I refuse to call 50 old), your posts are welcome here! Chip joining though... egads all sanity leaves...

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post

I don't deal with junk mail, it goes straight into the trash. I don't even see it. And, the AARP can't find me down here, so I am safe. Bwahhh!!!!

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamestique View Post
    Geez I didn't realize you were still so young!!! Anyway now that you are officially becoming middle age (I refuse to call 50 old), your posts are welcome here!
    You figured anyone who could be as grouchy as I can in P & R must be an old geezer...

I would say I am as young as I look, but with hair nearly white, I might have to join the 70+ group... at it isn't because I am a blonde, either.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, right!

Let the falfalling begin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stormcrowe and Zorro too. Look out fossils, the 59ers be takin over da old folks home and the buffet!

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chipcom View Post
    Stormcrowe and Zorro too. Look out fossils, the 59ers be takin over da old folks home and the buffet!
    In a battle of wits you're going to need a 2 to 1 numerical advantage. Isn't Zorro the kind of guy who brings a knife to a gunfight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, the AARP can't find me down here, so I am safe.
    Yes they can, and no your not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    In a battle of wits you're going to need a 2 to 1 numerical advantage. Isn't Zorro the kind of guy who brings a knife to a gunfight?
    We don't engage in family fights, but we wish you and your brothers luck on settling your feud.
    Which Wit brother were you again, Nit, Dim or Half?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't deal with junk mail, it goes straight into the trash. I don't even see it. And, the AARP can't find me down here, so I am safe. Bwahhh!!!!
    That's what they all say, until that battalion of AARP paratroopers drops in for lunch.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which Wit brother were you again, Nit, Dim or Half?
    None of the above. I'm Wry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of the above. I'm Wry.
    Dang, I forgot you was quadruplets! Guess my lack of memory is gonna make me fit right in with the rest of you diaper-wearing, fossilized buffet raiders.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, I forgot you was quadruplets! Guess my lack of memory is gonna make me fit right in with the rest of you diaper-wearing, fossilized buffet raiders.
    Wrong again. I'm just a twin and my brother's name is Quick.

As for diaper wearing, you're the baby of this bunch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrong again. I'm just a twin and my brother's name is Quick.

As for diaper wearing, you're the baby of this bunch?
    Actually Stormcrowe is the baby, he don't turn to the fossilized side till December.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast