Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

A pleasant ride, a whimsical mood, and pics….

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-09, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I took the Sun EZ Sport out for a very pleasant cruise today and found myself lost in a childlike “Fantasy World” type of mood. I often enjoy these goofy type of days much to the suffering dismay of all those around me. I’ll give you a small peek into my warped and whacked out mind and I’ll include a couple pics depicting some of the non-fantasy moments of the ride.

In all I rode 35.15 miles in low 50F temperatures with variable WSW winds at around 15mph. It was mostly grey cloud cover with fleeting moments of blue sky. My speed varied from as low as 10mph to as high as 20mph depending on the terrain and my mood.
Factors such as uphill vs. downhill, head winds vs. tail winds, and whether or not I was being chased by Pirates determined my speed. I headed out in a North Westerly direction through residential neighborhoods through the town of Greece (real name of the town) to Braddocks Bay and then I headed East along the shore of Lake Ontario to the mouth of the Genesee River before turning South and reaching home.

The first of many wonderful fantasies started at this street corner in the Town of Greece….Candy Land is a real place!!!!!!!

What fun I had tooling around this neighborhood!

Later I was thrilled to find myself entering the 100 Acre Wood.

I looked all over for Pooh, Tiger, and Eore….but they must be hibernating.

So I rode on out and back into civilization.

Several miles and daydreams later I pulled into the Braddocks Bay Marina and parked my bike illegally.

This lot was obviously intended for Short Wheelbase bikes…..or was it? Maybe I’m amongst the Lilliputions!! I think I’ll get going.

Here’s a pic I snapped along Cranberry Pond. Either all these people have lost their jobs and are fetching dinner or they all took the day off for some sport fishing!

Farther along the ponds I spotted this tree which was felled by flying beavers.

That's right flying beavers and I know this to be true because here's a picture of them.

They look very much like some other critter whose name escapes me at the moment...

Continued.......
Old 03-18-09, 02:55 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Part 2...

Welcome to the North Coast Matey!
There’s the Charlotte Light. Every respectable Coast needs a Lighthouse!

There’s the Charlotte Light with my Clipper Ship in the foreground.

All Coast houses need a nautical theme in their garden ….

Are there Pirates here abouts? No, but I saw a sea witch on a big black land yacht. She had to be a witch ‘cause she was talkin’ on her cell phone with her left hand (probably telling her girl friend to meet her at the mall), and she was fiddling with her Garmin navigation thingy with her right hand (probably setting a course for the Mall). If she weren’t a Sea Witch then how could she steer that big old Land Yacht with no hands?
Here’s a pic of the yacht…

She’s a witch I tell you, a witch!

The Coast Guard station at Charlotte may think that once they fight off the invasion of the Orange Pods that they can kick back and enjoy a cold beer.

That’s because they haven’t spotted the enemy ship, cleverly disguised as a bridge, silently slipping downstream from the South.

All this adventure has made me very hungry, so I called my bride and we met at a Diner in the Village of Charlotte and we both feasted on Hot Turkey Sandwiches. Yummy!
Now I wonder where I’ll ride tomorrow…..
Old 03-18-09, 03:04 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
That sounds like a wonder (Land) ride today. Except for the 100 acre wood bit- Pooh is just up the road from me- about 15 miles and now I know why I never see him on Ashdown Forest- You have stolen him

True that- as the rights of Winnie and friends now belong to some American company that makes the odd film or two.

But you want Pirates- and lighthouses- and sea type things- I'll try to get pics of the Lifeboat ride in a couple of weeks.

Fantastic ride but we want our Pooh back

Spike Milligan
Old 03-18-09, 04:06 PM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Thanks for the great pics and "amusing" comments.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 03-18-09, 04:57 PM
Senior Moment

Bikes: Litespeed Blueridge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh how I wish I could ride some of the places you others get to ride -- it would be such fun. Sort of like exchange students???
Old 03-18-09, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Good show, Cranky. You're as good with the word as you are with the camera.
Old 03-18-09, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You,Brits and Yanks can argue all you want about Pooh bear but he is a Canuck and always will be!

https://www.winniethepoohbear.net/history.php