The "now retired" Old Guy Ed in GA's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone 4.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First ride since surgery last week.

First ride today. 7.9 Miles Avg 12.4. All flat ground. Sure felt good to ride and have no pain in my left leg. I'm getting the right leg done in about 2 to 3 weeks. Should get rid of what little pain I felt there.

HOWEVER!!

My left knee sure reminded me that it needs attention as well.

I don't know why I didn't take up Cycling years ago.!!
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles due west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you had a good ride. Here's to more easy miles.

What kind of leg surgery did you have. You said they "roto-rootered" your legs. What is that??
    Is it like the varicose vein surgery I had last summer?
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

The "now retired" Old Guy Ed in GA's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone 4.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an "AngioPlasty" just like they would do in a Heart Cath. The put a baloon in to open up the Artery and, in my case, put in a Stent. Unfortunately, not a permanent fix. Next step will be By-Pass surgery in the leg. A few years away, I hope!