Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

New MTB...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-09, 05:48 PM

Bikes: Cannondale Six Carbon 5 and Gary Fisher Wahoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New MTB...

here we are 2009 GaryFisher Wahoo. It's not totaly new I have had it for 6 months and just now figured how to post picture.

Karl
Old 03-20-09, 06:08 PM
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Nice! Looks like you've found some pretty places to ride it too. Tell us about some of the rides you have done on the Wahoo. Be sure to exaggerate the pain and terror aspects because it is so much fun to scare the non MTB riding guys.
Old 03-20-09, 06:52 PM
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
And an even bigger picture - nice bike! My wife and I were hiking on a really great mtn bike trail yesterday - just wish I had the mtn bike, although some of the climbs were too steep for me.

Old 03-21-09, 08:09 AM

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
Looks like your having a great time on that sweet hardtail!! I've not gotten onto singletrack with my new Jamis Trail-X 3.0 as of yet, did a nice long "dirt" double track ride a few days ago on the Santa Fe Trail, thru the Air Force Academy into Palmer Lake, CO. Been trying to help the wife get some "miles" on her new Trail-X 1.0 before we start working on riding some of the local Colorado Springs singletrack trails, (Bear Creek Regional Park and Palmer Park trail systems). Enjoy

Old 03-21-09, 08:26 AM
Boomer

Bikes: Diamondback Clarity II frame homebuilt.

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 16098 Post(s)
Liked 1,457 Times in 1,064 Posts
Nice, looks a lot like the country I ride in in CT. The Wahoo seems to be a pretty good choice for a hardtail.
Old 03-21-09, 10:28 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Most definitely the wrong colour- but that can be modified with a bit of mud.

Good starter bike- but watch out for those roots and trees. Just a few too many of them for my liking. Especially the ones that will suddenly jump out in front of you. But 6 months of riding it and you will already have noticed them.

Spike Milligan
Old 03-21-09, 12:12 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
Most definitely the wrong colour- but that can be modified with a bit of mud.

Good starter bike- but watch out for those roots and trees. Just a few too many of them for my liking. Especially the ones that will suddenly jump out in front of you. But 6 months of riding it and you will already have noticed them.
Yesterday the trail in this picture was the first time there. A 7 1/2 loop around ther lake , pretty tame but there were a ton of roots and then some more roots to really bounce you around a few mud holes too but the color stayed white..sorry Stapfam , but it did get pretty muddy.

BluesDawg---(Tell us about some of the rides you have done on the Wahoo. Be sure to exaggerate the pain and terror aspects because it is so much fun to scare the non MTB riding guys.)

Whan I first got it I also got a Cannondale Six Carbon 5 and clipless pedals for both. I ride the Six much more and am totally use to clipless on that. I was riding the Wahoo on a Rails to Trail path freshly paved early on and decided to try a wheelie, big mistake clipped in and not familer with the bike. Over I went and still clipped in and upside down I was thinking this is going to hurt! It did too. Tailbone hurt for a week and then some, elbow was a bloody mess.
Old 03-21-09, 12:15 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DnvrFox, thanks for the resize. I am sure it is simple but how do I resize for future posts? I use Photobucket for pictures. It it something there I do?
Old 03-21-09, 12:55 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kr32
Yesterday the trail in this picture was the first time there. A 7 1/2 loop around ther lake , pretty tame but there were a ton of roots and then some more roots to really bounce you around a few mud holes too but the color stayed white..sorry Stapfam , but it did get pretty muddy.

Over I went and still clipped in and upside down I was thinking this is going to hurt! It did too. Tailbone hurt for a week and then some, elbow was a bloody mess.

BD has plenty of tales he can relate- not all of them will put you off Mountain biking.

Our trails are open but steep and with poor surface- Mind you- we can get down into the forest- especially if we want a breakfast.

But Mud is one of the things we have to put up with over here. Quite a soft landing if you choose the spot but blood is rare nowadays- I lost most of it years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Mud1.jpg (51.2 KB, 10 views)
mud2.jpg (48.2 KB, 9 views)
longman3.jpg (59.0 KB, 9 views)
Martyn.jpg (52.6 KB, 9 views)

Spike Milligan
Old 03-21-09, 01:33 PM
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by kr32
DnvrFox, thanks for the resize. I am sure it is simple but how do I resize for future posts? I use Photobucket for pictures. It it something there I do?
I clicked on your picture and it got bigger.

I then placed my cursor on the large picture and right clicked, and then clicked on properties.

I copied properties and pasted it in the new post, with [img] at the beginning and [/img] on the end.

(Use "reply with quote" to my post with the big picture to see how this looks)

Last edited by DnvrFox; 03-21-09 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-21-09, 01:51 PM

Bikes: Trek 7300/cannondale mountain bike

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
HA HA HA YES/oN A BIKE NAMED WAHOO AT LEAST TWICE THE BLOOD AND THREE TIMES THE BEER./kENNETH
Old 03-21-09, 02:04 PM
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
If you are using Photobucket, you can put the img link (look below the photo) directly into the text of the message instead of using the forum's clumsy attachment process. You can even use clickable thumbnails if you explore Photobucket a little to find its features.
Old 03-21-09, 02:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
If you are using Photobucket, you can put the img link (look below the photo) directly into the text of the message instead of using the forum's clumsy attachment process. You can even use clickable thumbnails if you explore Photobucket a little to find its features.
That is what I used for the original post and it came out small. Before I attached it from computer and it came out as a thumbnail. Anyway I will figure it out sooner or later, thanks anyway for the help. I will try later with roadbike picture when I get one downloaded on computer.
Old 03-21-09, 02:50 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenkayak
HA HA HA YES/oN A BIKE NAMED WAHOO AT LEAST TWICE THE BLOOD AND THREE TIMES THE BEER./kENNETH
I can promise you I was not yelling "Wahoo!" when I was upside down I was more like oh nooooooo!
I had a picture of the blood but I erased it by mistake