Thread: New MTB...

My Bikes
    Cannondale Six Carbon 5 and Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New MTB...

here we are 2009 GaryFisher Wahoo. It's not totaly new I have had it for 6 months and just now figured how to post picture.

Karl

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Looks like you've found some pretty places to ride it too. Tell us about some of the rides you have done on the Wahoo. Be sure to exaggerate the pain and terror aspects because it is so much fun to scare the non MTB riding guys.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And an even bigger picture - nice bike! My wife and I were hiking on a really great mtn bike trail yesterday - just wish I had the mtn bike, although some of the climbs were too steep for me.

Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone

My Bikes
    2011 Jamis Allegro 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like your having a great time on that sweet hardtail!! I've not gotten onto singletrack with my new Jamis Trail-X 3.0 as of yet, did a nice long "dirt" double track ride a few days ago on the Santa Fe Trail, thru the Air Force Academy into Palmer Lake, CO. Been trying to help the wife get some "miles" on her new Trail-X 1.0 before we start working on riding some of the local Colorado Springs singletrack trails, (Bear Creek Regional Park and Palmer Park trail systems). Enjoy
    Take care, RIDE SAFE, have FUN!
    B.J. Ondo
    2011 Jamis Allegro 1

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice, looks a lot like the country I ride in in CT. The Wahoo seems to be a pretty good choice for a hardtail.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most definitely the wrong colour- but that can be modified with a bit of mud.

Good starter bike- but watch out for those roots and trees. Just a few too many of them for my liking. Especially the ones that will suddenly jump out in front of you. But 6 months of riding it and you will already have noticed them.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    Most definitely the wrong colour- but that can be modified with a bit of mud.

Good starter bike- but watch out for those roots and trees. Just a few too many of them for my liking. Especially the ones that will suddenly jump out in front of you. But 6 months of riding it and you will already have noticed them.
    Yesterday the trail in this picture was the first time there. A 7 1/2 loop around ther lake , pretty tame but there were a ton of roots and then some more roots to really bounce you around a few mud holes too but the color stayed white..sorry Stapfam , but it did get pretty muddy.

BluesDawg---(Tell us about some of the rides you have done on the Wahoo. Be sure to exaggerate the pain and terror aspects because it is so much fun to scare the non MTB riding guys.)

Whan I first got it I also got a Cannondale Six Carbon 5 and clipless pedals for both. I ride the Six much more and am totally use to clipless on that. I was riding the Wahoo on a Rails to Trail path freshly paved early on and decided to try a wheelie, big mistake clipped in and not familer with the bike. Over I went and still clipped in and upside down I was thinking this is going to hurt! It did too. Tailbone hurt for a week and then some, elbow was a bloody mess.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DnvrFox, thanks for the resize. I am sure it is simple but how do I resize for future posts? I use Photobucket for pictures. It it something there I do?

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kr32 View Post
    Yesterday the trail in this picture was the first time there. A 7 1/2 loop around ther lake , pretty tame but there were a ton of roots and then some more roots to really bounce you around a few mud holes too but the color stayed white..sorry Stapfam , but it did get pretty muddy.

Over I went and still clipped in and upside down I was thinking this is going to hurt! It did too. Tailbone hurt for a week and then some, elbow was a bloody mess.

BD has plenty of tales he can relate- not all of them will put you off Mountain biking.

Our trails are open but steep and with poor surface- Mind you- we can get down into the forest- especially if we want a breakfast.

But Mud is one of the things we have to put up with over here. Quite a soft landing if you choose the spot but blood is rare nowadays- I lost most of it years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kr32 View Post
    DnvrFox, thanks for the resize. I am sure it is simple but how do I resize for future posts? I use Photobucket for pictures. It it something there I do?
    I clicked on your picture and it got bigger.

I then placed my cursor on the large picture and right clicked, and then clicked on properties.

I copied properties and pasted it in the new post, with [img] at the beginning and [/img] on the end.

(Use "reply with quote" to my post with the big picture to see how this looks)
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 03-21-09 at 01:37 PM.
    Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone

My Bikes
    Trek 7300/cannondale mountain bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HA HA HA YES/oN A BIKE NAMED WAHOO AT LEAST TWICE THE BLOOD AND THREE TIMES THE BEER./kENNETH

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are using Photobucket, you can put the img link (look below the photo) directly into the text of the message instead of using the forum's clumsy attachment process. You can even use clickable thumbnails if you explore Photobucket a little to find its features.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    If you are using Photobucket, you can put the img link (look below the photo) directly into the text of the message instead of using the forum's clumsy attachment process. You can even use clickable thumbnails if you explore Photobucket a little to find its features.
    That is what I used for the original post and it came out small. Before I attached it from computer and it came out as a thumbnail. Anyway I will figure it out sooner or later, thanks anyway for the help. I will try later with roadbike picture when I get one downloaded on computer.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenkayak View Post
    HA HA HA YES/oN A BIKE NAMED WAHOO AT LEAST TWICE THE BLOOD AND THREE TIMES THE BEER./kENNETH
    I can promise you I was not yelling "Wahoo!" when I was upside down I was more like oh nooooooo!
    I had a picture of the blood but I erased it by mistake