Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milan Sanremo--not a spoiler.

Not certain how many of you follow racing but I scan the scedules at this time of year to see when it is going to be on British Eurosport. San Remo is a one day event and to me takes all types of riding skills- Hills- speed- stamina and the finish.

Just suffice it to say that we are doomed- the younguns are improving. Going over the top of the last hill and a bunch of 60 riders- 30 of whom had a chance of winning. They were climbing the 9% 6 km hill faster than I ride on the flat and this was after 200 miles of racing. It did finish up as a sprint for the line and ********* won. and he won it well.

After his lack of showing so far this year -he proved that he is ready for the full seasons racing- but it still surprised me.

How many of you that follow racing would have given him a chance at the start?
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No surprise here. He was my pick.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Time VXRS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This young Brit is amazing. There's no doubt he is the fastest sprinter in the pro tour now. Being able to win a classic such as MSR this young is scary for the years to come. He has more than ample confidence, the explosiveness of youth, and already a pretty impressive resume.

Let's not forget he has a heck of a sprint lead with Hincapie.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the special paint job on Lance Armstrong's bike for Milan Sanremo.

The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

rae
    My Bikes
    1982 Nishiki Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to go to work so I missed the race (I couldn't find a working feed before I left the house at 1030am anyway; everything seemed to be blocked for some reason including Eurosport audio which has always worked for me) but when I watched the last km on youtube, it seemed to me that if Haussler hadn't hesitated a split second--looking for Hushovd--he would have held him off--just! And that didn't surprise me. He's been on fire so far.
    Cavendish is shaping up to be an amazing competitor on a solid team. I did not expect such a good showing at that distance over the hills. What an improvement from last year. L'Equipe didn't include him in their top picks, either.