Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 03-22-09, 08:36 PM   #1
geofitz13

Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For BD

I'm sure many of you are aware of Benny "Blues Dawg"'s recent battle with cancer. While I mostly "lurk" around here, I haven't seen much of him on the forum lately. I have been following his battle through his support link, but there hasn't been much there either.
I hope all your thoughts and prayers are with him.
Since I have already met my minimum fundraising goal, I feel comfortable saying this. In riding the 2009 Katelyn's Ride to support the Jimmy Fund/Dana Farber Cancer Institute, I will be dedicating the ride this year to the Dawg. This is NOT a solicitation for donations (I have removed that link from my signature), just me letting all of you and Benny that he is in our thoughts.
I hope any of you doing any charity rides this year will consider riding in honor of Blues Dawg!
geofitz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 06:47 AM   #2
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: My beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my 2014 Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Good idea about charity rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofitz13 View Post
While I mostly "lurk" around here, I haven't seen much of him on the forum lately.
He posted here yesterday.
Helmets

The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. - Psalm 103:8
RonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 08:07 AM   #3
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2015 Specialized AWOL Comp frameset (custom build), 2015 Zukas custom road, 2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
George, I appreciate the kind thoughts and the gesture of riding in my honor. All the good vibes surely help.

I've been around. I'm not riding a lot lately, so most of my posts are just me weighing in on some of the discussions, not my usual ride reports. I do need to update my "mylifeline" page to keep everyone up to date on my progress.

I was making decent progress in my riding until a couple of weeks ago when I think I overdid it a little and got myself a little too tired. Also, the pollen has been bothering me more than usual this year. With my PET scan coming up tomorrow, I decided (with some encouragement from my wife ) to take a break from outdoor activities for a while so as not to irritate my sore throat any more than necessary. I don't want another false positive result. I'm ready to move on to the next phase of recovery.

Thanks again for keeping me in your thoughts.
BluesDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 08:40 PM   #4
VROD

Bikes: lotus classique ,haro mirra pro,gary fisher mtb 1980's, trek T1
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sorry to hear you have been sick I have not spent much time on the forum or the bike this winter.
you will be in my thoughts and prayers
VROD is offline   Reply With Quote