Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting another son!!

Not sure if he'll be a cycling partner any time soon but daughter #2 got engaged over the weekend. VERY good thing the deals were done on the two new bikes the past few weeks. They could have become flowers, wedding dress, cake, invitations and on and on........

The only issue is the wedding could conflict with the 50+ ride in August. That is still being debated.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Does he favor Campy or Shimano?

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What color bike will he ride?
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Employed?

Professional student?

Looking for his Sugar Daddy?
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of life's unexplained mysteries is how a single-use wedding dress can cost as much as two or three Trek Madone 5.2s.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Slow Moving Vehicle Jean Beetham Smith's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Felt F-70, Terry Madeleine, Novara Safari fully customized by me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, the in-law children. You get to enjoy them, be proud of their accomplishments, give them advice and all with-out having to put them through college or changing their diapers! Congratulations on your growing family.
    Help grow the future of cycling in the world. Volunteer at your local "earn-a-bike" program. In the Boston area http://www.bikesnotbombs.org/about

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post

The only issue is the wedding could conflict with the 50+ ride in August. That is still being debated.
    So I assume the debate is:

1. Change the date of the wedding vs.
    2. Move the wedding to Colorado

The church needs 3 "sides" - one for the groom, one for the bride, one for 50+ bikers in their lycra....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped reading at new bikes! What new bikes? Oh, congrats to your daughter!

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeWNC View Post
    I stopped reading at new bikes! What new bikes? Oh, congrats to your daughter!
    Somewhere on here is a thread where I show pics of my new Cervelo P2c. I've also bought the "dream bike" but am waiting on wheels--well now just the Campy Cassette Hub before the build can be finished and pictures posted. BTW, Parlee's got strong consideration but I ran across a deal I couldn't walk away from.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jppe;8731428]Not sure if he'll be a cycling partner any time soon but daughter #2 got engaged over the weekend. VERY good thing the deals were done on the two new bikes the past few weeks. They could have become flowers, wedding dress, cake, invitations and on and on........

The only issue is the wedding could conflict with the 50+ ride in August. That is still being debated.[/QUOTE]

First, congrats! Second, I hope it is being debated, but if push comes to shove, I suspect we all know where you'll be.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two new bikes could be the bride's dowry. Congrats to your daughter.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set a limit of $XXXXX-(I was cheap at 1,000) and anything above that they pay. But like you- I bought the new bike before the wedding- Bought the TCR in December 07- they got married in Jan 08. Took a full year before I could get another -and that was really for the Son-in-Law.

But I can tell you- The daughter getting married is an Experience. I Got shot of both of mine last year and it is peacefull at home. Too peacefull. I have to keep riding round to them- with a few miles extra though- To get a decent Lasagne from one and Thai Curry from the other. I do miss their home cooking.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan