Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ride Pics, A First For Me?

Look what I found in my camera. I took these pics on a ride in late March and promptly forgot about them. I believe it's the only time I have ever taken a pic during a ride. I've never had an interest in photography, and it shows.

They were taken while visiting the "Old Mill" at a place called Rogues Hollow near Doylestown, Ohio not far from my home. Outlaws and criminals often frequented this area during prohibition. In the 19th century, the area was known for coal mining which also attracted many rogues who were after the wages paid to miners.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Louis; 04-28-09 at 12:35 PM.

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good Louis. I sent the Jandd handlebar bag I got because it rattled to much and I was thinking about getting the one you have. Is there any more room in there for anything besides a rain jacket and camera? I like the looks of it.
    George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Looks good Louis. I sent the Jandd handlebar bag I got because it rattled to much and I was thinking about getting the one you have. Is there any more room in there for anything besides a rain jacket and camera? I like the looks of it.
    I got it from Velo Orange a few years ago, very old school - waxed canvas. It's pretty small, I can just get a rain jacket inside. I don't like handlebar bags that rise above the bar, spoils the lines of the bike.

Here's a link to VO, looks like they've discontinued my model bag and replaced it with a similar one. I can't attest to that one, though. http://www.velo-orange.com/baesaorhabag.html

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have the same problem as you Louis. I either ride- or I take pics- Except for when I stop on a ride- and that is why you get so many pics of PIE from my ride. The only time I can get the camera out.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still thinking about staying with the rear bag. The handlebar bags all seem to be sitting up so high, I would think it would effect the handling of the bike. Anyhow I still like the looks of the bike.
    George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you get the camera out more often as those are great pics. Looks like pretty country to be riding in. Thanks for sharing.

My Bikes
    specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the rear bags. I got a Carradice Barley and its just about perfect with my ratty looking leather panniers.
    (Life is too short to play crappy guitars) 2006 Raleigh Cadent 3.0, 1977 Schwinn Volare, 2010 Windsor tourist. ( I didn't fall , I attacked the floor)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pics, big boy. Keep 'em coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, for the comments.
    Stringbreaker - yup, Carradice is good stuff. That particular bag is the "Junior".

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very rare material. But I do not think that I have ever seen a picture of the rider. True of false?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice bike.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    This is very rare material. But I do not think that I have ever seen a picture of the rider. True of false?
    I don't show up often, you know, with the Federal Witness Protection Program and all, but here are two.
    Attached Images Attached Images