Thread: No ride today

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No ride today

Ah - but something so much better. My plan today was for an afternoon ride but thuderstorms but the kabash on that plan. The AM was a joyous occasion though. We attended my daughters college graduation, it took her 8 years but she finally got her BS degree. She did 3 years in fine arts, then realized that a job would be iffy she switched to a BS degree - she started over. Never a great math or science wiz - we spent countless nights at the dinner table working on college chemistry, math, physics & statistics , etc. Finally She did it! One more kid to go - this one has a ways to go before she hits college, shes talking medical school and will most likely make it - another long road. I may never be able to retire at this rate... I'd better stay healthy so I can foot the bill.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. to your daughter and to the proud parents that supported her through out her entire education.

We had some thunder boomers here earlier in the afternoon...you might want to hunker down as the storms were followed by 50+ mph winds. Started blowing aroud 2:00 PM and won't be stopping untill around 2:00 AM.

My Bikes
    1976 Apollo Mk IV, mid-'80s Miyata touring bike, mid-'80s Miyata mtn bike, 2007 Trek 6500 mtn bike, 2008 Trek Madone 5.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kibosh

oh...and congratulations on one off the launching pad.

My Bikes
    Specialized Tricross Comp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good milestone cyclinfool. My daughter graduates at the end of the month on a five year plan. It is a relief to know she has that credential in her pocket. Also a relief to have the tuition bills behind me.
    Every man is, or hopes to be, an Idler. -- Samuel Johnson

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sure feels good, doesn't it. I've put 4 through college so far, with one more to go. Well, one of them is still in grad school. A different one took 7 years to get a BS. So I know of what you speak.

Definitely worth skipping a ride!
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post