Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Kuota Kredo, Litespeed Vortex, Aegis Victory, Burley Tandem, Cannondale Rush
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rode my Age Today, as an obligation, great idea.

I used the excuse today that I had to ride my age to get my wife to work for me in the subdivision. I am a homebuilder who acts as my own agent on the weekends and I told my wife that I was required to do the ride within one week of my birthday. She bought it.

I took of easy to limit my heart rate slippage over time and went to the local coffee shop/bike shop to get a CO2 inflator. My other one is in the tool kit under the seat on my mountain bike which is in the shop. I got to the coffee shop and there was a sign on the door, "Gone Riding".

I braved traffic on a 6-lane road, rode through the area around the regional mall and got to the REI. I picked up the inflator and chose another direction.

Today was predicted for rain, but I checked and it was definitely held up in the next state. Got in a good 56 miles and look forward for the next one.

Whoever thought up the ride your age idea was a genius. Right behind the instigator of riding for pie.

When life gives you lemons, get out and ride.......................
    Rubber Side Down Racing Team
    My Other Home:http://DonGaleHomes.com

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job on the ride...not so sure about 'foolin' the wife...she may figure you out one of these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy birthday, and congrats on the birthday ride. Yes, it's a good idea. The only way to get the braggin' rights is to do the mileage, and doing the mileage is good for physical and emotional well being.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy birthday. Did mine today as my bd is tomorrow and both rain and work get in the way of making my mileage.

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope your sweetie sold a house or lot while you were out playing, then to celebrate both occasions you would get some new bike swag. I inadvertently rode my age yesterday . I was scheduled to do a three hour training ride but got back home early at 2:50 and covered 57.8 miles.
    oldschool areodynamic brick

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    Good job on the ride...not so sure about 'foolin' the wife...she may figure you out one of these days.
    My wife just plays along--she needs a day off, too, now and then.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Was all set to do my BD ride Saturday, but the incessant rain here in NE Ala-bammy got in the way. It has been a slog-fest here for the last several weeks. Oh well...maybe next Saturday!

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly OT: does anyone's wife still fall for the "I would have gotten here sooner but I had a mechanical" line?

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people have it easy- Birthdays in May- instead of Mid-Winter-Relatively young compared to some of us so easy milage to knock off in a couple of hours-A Believing wife that accepts any old excuse for a ride-(That is still to be proven by the way) And promised rain that does not arrive.

But as you get older you will learn- PIE is at the top of the list
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did my age on my new Sequoia which I bought last March. 54+ miles was no big deal.
    more cops have been killed by donuts than guns in chicago it is a medical fact ask any doctor.