Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any experience with Tenex?

I've been taking Adderall for over a decade to deal with ADHD. As originally planned, it's time to shift away from the Adderall for a bit. My neurologist has recommended using Tenex. I've read a fair amount of the on line information about the drug as well as the information from the pharmacy. There are two cycling related concerns I have, and wondered if any others here are using Tenex either for ADHD or high blood pressure. My concerns are the possible side effects of leg cramps (I'm prone to them as it is), and dizziness. Anyone have any experience with this?
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a bike made of Columbus Tenax...(sorry).

Seriously: I've learned that drug side effects vary from person to person so I'm not sure if another cyclist's experience will apply to you. I'd suggest trying easy rides in low traffic surroundings and see what happens.

And...did you ask the neurologist about your concerns? That would have been the first step but you didn't mention it.
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcoppola View Post
    I have a bike made of Columbus Tenax...(sorry).

Seriously: I've learned that drug side effects vary from person to person so I'm not sure if another cyclist's experience will apply to you. I'd suggest trying easy rides in low traffic surroundings and see what happens.

And...did you ask the neurologist about your concerns? That would have been the first step but you didn't mention it.
    Yeah, I asked about my concerns and he said that these particular side effects occur in less than 3% of people taking the drug at the level I'd be using, and he doesn't know how sever they are for those experiencing them. The literature has little or no information on the severity either. There is an issue of coming off the medication. So, frankly I'd rather not start it if I'm going to have to come off it, because it impact's negatively on the cycling. The one thing both the neurologist and I are sure of is that the negative effects of the ADHD go down considerably the more I ride. So, giving up any riding would be very undesirable. Interestingly enough, I can't seem to get my employer to buy into the argument that I should ride for eight hours a day and work for 4. They'd probably get more out of me that way.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright