Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two Assaults on MM in one week!

The first one was Monday and was the traditional Assault on Mt Mitchell. It was 102 miles with 11,000 ft of climbing and included a crash, broken spoke and incredible views!!

The second was yesterday's Assault on Morrow Mountain which has become a training favorite. It's 100+ miles and is about 6000 ft of climbing and includes a short climb up Morrow Mountain at the half way point. Three others and myself rode 20+ miles to the route and then waited for a larger group just doing the metric to come by. We jumped in when the front group of 20 or so came by-which included PAlt. The only downside was I forgot my Garmin so I don't know how my HR was doing-although there were a couple times I was gasping pretty good!!

What surprised me the most was being completely recovered from Monday's ride. Some credit has to go to the R4.

Sprinkle in a couple shorter rides and it's been a darn good week.

It's interesting how cycling fitness progresses. Just two-three weeks ago I was struggling on the longer rides much, much more than normal. I'm now beginning to see some signs of distinct progress-I'm not where I want to be but am seeing progress. I'm sure that not having my training buddy earlier in the year who pushed the pace has slowed my normal progression.

The new bike(s) might be helping as well-just a little more motivation for getting out on the road.

Ahh-the ups and down and riding!!!

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have to admit, the thread title startled me!

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he was talking about me.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    Ahh-the ups and down and riding!!!
    No pun intended, right?

I'm impressed with Wolfpack's ride up MM and have an appreciation for it now that I understand what it entails. It sounds daunting. I'm impressed that you did two assaults this week. Well done!
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolfpack has come a LONG way in a short period of time and is doing just super. I enjoy seeing reading about folks doing their first Mitchell. That last 25 miles is special!!