Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new cycling hero

My new cycling hero is Bart Dockx who made his big move in the Giro de Italia to get out of last place moving up 2 places to position 173 out of 175. Hey we all root for the underdog but looking at his overall standing Bart Dockx (Bel) Silence-Lotto 2.58.04 off the leader, odds are a bit long.

What a sports name it just flows. Made for Hollywood and maybe destined to wear pink in a couple of years. When he wins the TdF he can name his bike company Dockxxers. Go Bart!!

My Bikes
    Used Marin MTB, New 6/06 Scott Contessa Speedster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really enjoying the Giro, but haven't been paying attention to the tail end competition. I will change the way I watch.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnH View Post
    I am really enjoying the Giro, but haven't been paying attention to the tail end competition. I will change the way I watch.
    Funny, the tail ends is the only aspect of bike racing that interests my wife in the least.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured you'all would appreciate an update on Bart's exciting Giro finish. He hung on to second from last and moved up quite a bit due to other cyclists dropping out. 168th place Bart Dockx (Bel) Silence-Lotto 4.33.42(off the winners time) He did scorch the final time trial finishing in 102nd place!

Go Bart.

Randomhead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    last place in the Tour de France is worth some money in appearances. Pretty sure there is a jersey that goes with it too. It's a tough position to maintain, since you have to be in the time limit. IIRC, there is a guy that specializes in being last place in the TdF. I would guess with this story that there is no similar reward for being last in the Giro. It's still an accomplishment.

Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called the Lanternes Rouge in the TDF.
    There's even a blog about it the last place spot
    http://tdflr.blogspot.com/
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com