There is an online documentary film "Vietnam, Long Time Coming" covering a 1,200 mile cycling journey from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon) that is very good, from both a cycling perspective and a Vietnam vet perspective. http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title...g_time_coming/

It's from 1998, but this is the first time I've seen it. On Memorial Day I remember friends lost and just happened to stumble across this film while looking for something to watch online in PBS, related to war. I was a U.S. Army infantryman with the 101st Airborne division in 1970.

The group cycling is mostly vets, both men and women, from both sides of the war. Many of the vets are missing body parts and hand-cranking the whole 1,200 miles. I know many of you vets try to keep the door closed on the experience, it's what I do. You should open the door every now and again and peek inside, it's very painful but I believe will help heal your soul. I personally believe no one ever returns from war whole, something just gets sucked out that's gone forever, optimism, hope. I think one of the reasons I like to bike is it takes me back to being a pre-war kid again, and I can try to find myself, who I once was.