Thread: No Excuses

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Excuses

Since last November things at work have changed considerably due to the downturn in the economy and I ended up taking a second job to keep things afloat. That really cut into my ride time...and over the winter I gained 7-8 lbs along with just not feeling as good as I should. When I had a minute to ride I looked out the window and said it's too windy, cold, foggy, you name it, I had a reason to NOT go out. Over the past 6 weeks I started getting at it a little more I'm pleased to say I feel great again, even though I still find myself thinking "stinky" thoughts...like this morning I had an hour before work to get out and I looked outside and saw fog well, maybe I can go out later...no I won't have time...JUST DO IT MAN!!

So off I went, knocked off a quick 16 miles and now I'm ready for the day! NO MORE EXCUSES!!
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been there. When I took on a second job it was very easy to let lots of things slide. However, like you I found that riding should not be one of them. Just keep that mantra going.... No excuses; just do it.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks as if you are over the to's (to hot, to cold, etc...) and have a good case of the I'm gonna's (ride, do things for me) going on. Maybe, 16 miles here, 21 miles there and 11 miles whenever, it's all good.
    oldschool areodynamic brick