User Tag List

My Bikes
    '12 Salsa Casseroll...Pepé.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wedding Bell Blues--no rides

My youngest son (37 yrs old) will be married tomorrow evening. Between hosting out of town guests and the rehearsal dinner last evening there will be no rides until sometime next week. Thought about sneaking out once or twice but my wife always has something for me to do. I would use the excuse that the guests would like to ride, BUT they don't ride. I am having ride withdrawal even though I know it is for a good cause.
    "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

'12 Salsa Casseroll (Pepé)
    '09 Specialized Roubaix Elite (Black Stallion)
    '89 Puegeot Bordeaux (Big Blue)
    '08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (Shadow)
    '06 Trek Navigator 500 (The Beast)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timtruro View Post
    My youngest son (37 yrs old) will be married tomorrow evening. Between hosting out of town guests and the rehearsal dinner last evening there will be no rides until sometime next week. Thought about sneaking out once or twice but my wife always has something for me to do. I would use the excuse that the guests would like to ride, BUT they don't ride. I am having ride withdrawal even though I know it is for a good cause.
    Any chance of an early, early morning ride?

I'm sneaking out the door right now for about a 20 miler.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    '12 Salsa Casseroll...Pepé.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox View Post
    Any chance of an early, early morning ride?

I'm sneaking out the door right now for about a 20 miler.
    Ingenious, why didn't I think of that, I will try it and see if it works even though I will be accused of being 'rude' to my guests, you know how that goes.
    "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

'12 Salsa Casseroll (Pepé)
    '09 Specialized Roubaix Elite (Black Stallion)
    '89 Puegeot Bordeaux (Big Blue)
    '08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (Shadow)
    '06 Trek Navigator 500 (The Beast)

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very early always works for me...most of our guests don't arise before 7-7:30am and I can get in 15-20 miles by then. Besides, it's not because you like riding...it's part of your fitness program.

Congratulations to your son.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually. ©
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

My Bikes
    Trek 7300/cannondale mountain bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congradulations Timtruro//your stuck//Here in Maine the weather is cold and rainy; so for outside it will be one of the river kayaks one at Sheepscot Falls the other at squirrel point Kenebec river but when Linda and I first married she loved to yard sale so Id pick a direction to go on the bike and she would pack a lunch and follow;yard saleing as my support.We would often stay over night and pick a different route back home great times till see had three children to care for./Kenneth

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timtruro View Post
    Ingenious, why didn't I think of that, I will try it and see if it works even though I will be accused of being 'rude' to my guests, you know how that goes.
    I had a great "about 20 miler" - morning is the very best time to ride, IMHO. Started out at about 49F, got up to about 60F by the end of the ride - absolutely perfection for riding temps!!

Tell them that your doctor has prescribed daily bicycling for your "condition."
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May not be a chance to ride- but show your intentions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Bottecchia Sprint
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early early morning are when I get my kicks. Often on vacation friends and family sleep in, then wake slowly and talk about what to do for what seems like ages. So after a little of this I decided I could get up and out at 4 or 5 am and get out and do whatever I wanted, 4wheel, hike, explore, bike whatever - and then be back by 8 or 9 when they just open their eyes. Then who cares what they want to do - I'm always agreeable since I got my stuff in already!
    cycling is like baseball ~ it doesn't take much to make it interesting