I had my annual physical last week. The doctor wants me to come back this week to go over the lab results, but I took a gander at my chart and saw he'd written some notes about thyroid function therein. We did discuss the fact that I ride like a madman (daily 36 mile RT commute with 2400 feet of climbing), but seem to be gaining weight instead of loosing. Not gaining girth -- my waist seems to be the same as last year of smaller, but I weigh about 40 pounds more.
He did a Body Mass Induction test on my and said that my ratio was 7.2, and anything over 7.0 was considered good. I had about 75% lean body mass, which he said was mostly muscle. He said that the other 25% *is not* all fat, as it includes other stuff. Anybody know what that is? He also said that the tests indicated I was getting sufficient hydration, which I liked.
So, I'm wondering about this thyroid thing. I've read up on it some and I've got some concerns about taking something like synthroid or Cytomel while putting in 180 miles/week. Is anyone else in the same boat?