Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT: Shenanigans in rck's neighborhood

I believe rck of this forum, lives on 17th Ave in Monroe. Or darn close to it.

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/stories/453217

June 1, 2009

Psychedelic mushroom eaters won't be tripping in Monroe anytime soon.

Narcotics agents and local police busted what is being called one of the largest psilocybin mushroom growing operations in southern Wisconsin in recent years at the former Feathercreek Bakery, 1010 17th Ave. in downtown Monroe on Friday afternoon.

Law enforcement officers found 100 growing units in the facility, along with about 30 grams of a dried substance believed to be psilocybin mushrooms, a small quantity of pot, packaging and weighing equipment, over 200 smoking devices, a large amount of ammunition and over $1,000 cash.

Joshua Moon, 29 and Patrick Gonzales, 24, both of Monroe, were arrested, both tentatively charged with manufacture of psilocybin mushrooms, possession of psilocybin mushrooms with intent to deliver, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't still come from cow pastures?
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So,in other words,you're saying that if rck invites you over for a bar-b-que'd steak dinner pass on the mushrooms.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You almost got it right. You say, "Please pass the mushrooms," then take a double helping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One down, one million to go. With 100 containers I'm amazed that they only found 30 grams. A single 16 gallon rubbermaid yields several times that amount in one grow. They must have just started or just sold out. So maybe the mushroom eaters of Monroe will be tripping a little sooner than LEO thinks. Mushrooms are incredibly cheap & easy to grow in large or small quantities. There are at least 2 huge forums devoted to the craft and many websites that ship spores, media, supplies, compost, etc.. They need very little lighting and produce no residual heat or smell. You can grow literally pounds of dried mushrooms in a few months in a closet. Several lifetime supplies. LEO will have their hands full if they try to suppress growing 'shrooms. They'll never be able to stop it with the tactics they use to detect and raid indoor pot grows or meth labs. Frankly, I can hardly believe there's even a commercial market for the things. May as well grow tomatoes.

Fortunately, it's a drug that most people outgrow by their 20's, fairly innocuous and not at all addicting. Lately, some promising research has been done with them in the treatment of depression and alcoholism. We used to get them from cow fields in the early/mid '70s' when they were legal in FL. Nowadays, the techniques to grow them are so simple and idiot proof you'd be stupid to get caught trespassing, or worse, to get them. Plus, all the cow pastures are subdivisions now and the few pastures that remain use fungicides in the cattle feed.

(pic not mine. Lifted from shroomery.org)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sailorman13; 06-02-09 at 01:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I laughed when I read the story.

I mean, what must the market for psilocybin mushrooms be like? A bunch of 60 year old hippies with balding heads and pony tails needing to groove out in Monroe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodrigaj View Post
    I laughed when I read the story.

I mean, what must the market for psilocybin mushrooms be like? A bunch of 60 year old hippies with balding heads and pony tails needing to groove out in Monroe?
    No, man. I'm a little <60 year old, slightly balding hippie with a pony tail and I can assure you that nobody I know is the least bit interested in them anymore, even more hardcore hippies than me. I confess, I did try some for old time's sake a few years ago and it wasn't nearly as good as I remembered from my H.S. days. I think some of the raver/nosering/goth types go for them now. I guess it's a safer alternative to ecstasy. A couple of college guys I worked with awhile back were into them once in a while. Like I said, it's one of those things you outgrow, like Ayn Rand. Best for society not to make too big a deal of them.

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now where the heck am I supposed to buy my brownies?!