User Tag List

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Product review for 50+ fingers (CO2)

I think that I have finally found a CO2 inflator that will work for 50+ fingers without spraying CO2 all over the landscape and not filling a tire.

Take a look at the Planet Bike "Red Zeppelin" inflator. It screws onto your tube stem. The cartridge screws into the inflator. There is an on/off regulator knob. There is an insulator sleeve to keep your fingers from freezing. It's small and cheap (especially on Ebay) and it might actually work, unlike some of the inflators that I have seen.

My Bikes
    1959 Capo; 1980 Peugeot PKN-10; 1981 Bianchi; 1988 Schwinn KOM-10;
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, too, have a tire inflator which works without spraying CO2 all over the landscape.

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/item/ZEFPFYDT
    "Early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell, and advertise." -- George Stahlman
    Capo [dschaw'-poe]: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger, S/N 42624
    Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
    Bianchi: 1981 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
    Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069

My Bikes
    Jamis Aurora '02; Takara Medalist (650B)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planet BIke are good people (right here in Madison Wisconsin)
    I rekon this item would be good

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    I think that I have finally found a CO2 inflator that will work for 50+ fingers without spraying CO2 all over the landscape and not filling a tire.

Take a look at the Planet Bike "Red Zeppelin" inflator. It screws onto your tube stem. The cartridge screws into the inflator. There is an on/off regulator knob. There is an insulator sleeve to keep your fingers from freezing. It's small and cheap (especially on Ebay) and it might actually work, unlike some of the inflators that I have seen.

As long as the CO2 was naturally harvested and packaged, I'm OK with that.
    oldschool areodynamic brick

My Bikes
    Trek 1400, Trek 6500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They only use Free Range CO2.

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John E View Post
    I, too, have a tire inflator which works without spraying CO2 all over the landscape.

+1

Never runs out of gas, either.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John E View Post

That's the one I use, too.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Madone 4.6,Salsa Casserole
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as it turns out, I too have one that does not spew CO2 over he landscape (the Zefal)

Didn't do me much good today when I got a flat about 15 miles from home. Bought it last summer and have not had to use it untill today. After a year or so of nonuse, it decided not to be of use at all. Thanks to the woman that picked me up and drove me home. Was in a remote area without phone, looking at a long walk home.

I bought a new bike last fall after accomplishing some goals, my old one was a 30 yr. old with a nipple for the pump, and it fit well. New bikes just don't do Zefals well, at least not mine. I've had to mount it vertically on the front stem with a couple of straps. Still, it bounces away on the roads I ride, doesn't come off but I need to stop and reset it too often. Anyway... after never using it for a year untill today, it seems the road water and moisture just got to it. I'm in a fairly remote region and I'm looking for something better. Or maybe I just got a bad pump.
    I don't know the answer, but I'm just an occassional bike forum poster and visitor who is on now because I had to hobble home on a really fun after work ride because my pump failed me.

just sayin........

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post

Take a look at the Planet Bike "Red Zeppelin" inflator.
    I've looked at that one, Madison bike shops carry a lot of Planet Bike gear. But I like their Airship CO2 inflator better.

http://ecom1.planetbike.com/1021.html

It is very easy to use, fits Schrader and Presta, accepts 12g and 16g, both threaded and unthreaded.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    I've looked at that one, Madison bike shops carry a lot of Planet Bike gear. But I like their Airship CO2 inflator better.

http://ecom1.planetbike.com/1021.html

It is very easy to use, fits Schrader and Presta, accepts 12g and 16g, both threaded and unthreaded.
    I had looked at that one, but I liked the screw on to the tube stem part of the Red Zeppelin. For me the CO2 is nice, it fits into the seat bag so unlike my last 2 pumps, will stay with the bike. Last week I killed my Topeak Morph on a ride so rough that parts came loose and fell off.

The only disadvantage to the Planet Bike unit is the requirement for threaded cartridges, but that is true of all of the micro inflators that have no outer housing to capture the cartridge.

By the way..................I still laugh at the flat fairy.

My Bikes
    mid 80s Ross Centaur converted to Alfine 11 09 motobecane imortal force, 83 Ross Paragon,81 Schwinn LeTour Tourist, 91 Paramount, 93 GT converted to city bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Co2

Yesterday was my LAST day dealing with CO2
    Condensing what could easily become a novella; I had 3 cartridges and the innovation adaptor.
    I also had two tubes along.
    The one tube (just sold to me by a LBS no longer on my list)was 18-23x571 (ya say you're a wee bit short laddie??)instead of 700 and the other...you all know the other was the one with the leak I forgot to patch right?(The memory goes out more than the body)
    Patch the 700 tube
    Down to 2 cartridges..
    One had half a charge(thanks to having to find the leak) and the other (still sealed btw) was empty..THANK U WalMart!

That was it..
    A better lbs had the topeak mini morph and it now sits cradled between the drops on the 44cm ritchey bar thanks to two strips of HD double sided velcro.
    If the mini morph works half as well as the road morph g I have on the paramounts bar mounted tranist bag, I'll be estatic.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger63 View Post
    A better lbs had the topeak mini morph and it now sits cradled between the drops on the 44cm ritchey bar thanks to two strips of HD double sided velcro.
    If the mini morph works half as well as the road morph g I have on the paramounts bar mounted tranist bag, I'll be estatic.

I wanted a good pump for the road bike and got the Mini-Morph. Didn't have to use it for a few months but it is fantastic. Only problem is that it does take a lot of pumps to get up to pressure in the tyre- No effort but it is a small volume pump. I then got the road morph and still haven't had to use that- but I loaned it to a rider on the road with CO2 that ran out and he thought it was good. Good enough for him to buy one next time he went to the LBS.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan