User Tag List

Page 2 of 590 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
    My Bikes
    Waterford, Orbea, Giant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    59 miles today (my age, btw) at easy tempo, a couple of pushes. 93 deg at the finish. yuck. Tomorrow, the group ride. It will split into a couple of groups, fast, and not quite so fast. I'll have to make a decision!
    Wiggy wiggy scratch yo yo bang bang

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rest day today. Last night was 2 hours of Z2 riding in the little ring. I rode 20 minutes to a local cemetery and planned to ride my "graveyard crit" for 1 hr and 20 minutes then ride back home. After I got to the cemetery and had about 15 minutes of riding done a wall storm of clouds came rolling in from the West. It looked just like the sky in the movie Blues Brothers II when they did the "Riders of the Storm" song. The heavy rain began and the winds picked and were gusting enough to roll garbage cans and blow flowers across the roadway. I figured that it was safer there than riding on the roads to get back home so I just continued my workout singing that old Doors song to keep my riding pace and blocked out everything going on around me.
    oldschool areodynamic brick

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenkayak View Post
    greetings Red rider/ IVE posted your blog to FAVORITES/Kenneth
    Thanks, Ken! I was inspired to update it tonight. I've been remiss.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

My Bikes
    Trek 7300/cannondale mountain bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello RonH IM sorry that Sunday has become just another day In marine worm digging in Maine thay have an ordiance against harvesting on Sunday and I was always glad for it. ///Linda who worked as a lab tech.//Sunday was just another work day//I had a very good training 30miles today much better than yesterday. If my weight keeps droping maybe Ill get to the Saguenay river for a cold dip in better shape than expected./Kenneth

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HA HA Alegheny Jet you picked a good name for someone with your bike ethic//koudos/Kenneth

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife and I had a nice jaunt to Panera's and back - 13 miles - had a yogurt parfait at P's.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello R.Rider Great pictures/ nice legs to but I kcouldnt make out the FRECKELS./Kenneth

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ya BrenanCole I got the numbers back /words my Trek is a 7300/Kenneth

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rain spit and threatened today.; Im feeling good and did the workout 20 mile run without getting seriously wet///IM glad for my food diaRY.; IM eating way to many sweets especially after the early morning rides. still loseing weight./Kenneth

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    We went house hunting in north Georgia yesterday (lots of sitting in the car and driving for miles and miles and ... ) so today was ride day. While in N. GA I stopped in at Cycle South in Blue Ridge and noticed that they sell only mtn bikes. I asked about road bikes and they said they could order one. Not many folks up that way ride road bikes. They said there aren't many roads that are bicycle friendly.
    Tomorrow is also ride day because Sunday is work day.
    That's odd. We rode through Blue Ridge on the century ride of BRAG 2002. That was one of the nicest areas on one of the nicest rides I've ever done.

Slept late today but got in a good 22 miles before the heat got too bad. Felt good. A bit faster than I've been riding for a while. Legs are slowly starting to come back. Now I'm off to work to make up a few hours I missed earlier in the week.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    90 miles yesterday.

12 miles with the wife on the tandem this morning, going out on the Volae right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I joined a small group for a ride on the Ring of Fire, a local loop that is part of the Tour de Cashiers in the Spring. It's one of those see how you measure rides. I had my best ride of the season so far today. So I guess my fitness is starting to come back. 39 miles, 4700' of climbing, 2:45 ride time. Felt great.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I SUGGEST a stop at Red Rider's blog I dont know how someone with broken bones and rideing that dismal flatland can be so positive and write such inspiring fun to read stuff./Kenneth

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not ride this dismal rainy day and ive been grumping all evening because I didnt at one point I thought Id take a quick ride around the block[5mi. loop]and thats what I should hjave done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got out on the BRP for a tempo ride and a couple low cadence intervals on the hill. It was super up there and a nice cool 65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was supposed to rain to. It didn't so I rode 32 miles this morning on the Volae, and 20 more this evening on the Tour Easy.

Golly gee...life is grand!!

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On vacation so probably not today, rode a fast 60 club ride on Sat, a rolling hills 20 on Sunday and only 15 last night - but it was hill repeats (I should have done 2 more but legs were tired). Today is a rest day. Tomorrow I will be riding with an unkown group of young riders, I ran across some local rafting guides who I know and they invited me to ride Wed night with them, somehow I think they will want to kill the old guy. Looking forward to a 75 mile ride when/if the weather settles.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, yesterday - did some hill repeats (or what passes for them here in the flatlands). About 2.5 miles of hill, return/cooldown via MUP, repeat.

Made a little kid's day on the MUP, too. Was coming up on him & his dad, signaled to pass. Then with much theatrical huffing and puffing came up on the kid -- "OOOHhh, he's so fast! I don't think I can catch him!!". Of course he started pedaling like mad. Kept that up for a bit then "sprinted" to pass -- "Yaaayy! I won". Dad got a charge out of it too.

Rain today - maybe I'll do some wrenching. Or clean up the workshop.
    Last edited by bcoppola; 06-30-09 at 06:31 AM.
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello R.Rider Great pictures/ nice legs to but I kcouldnt make out the FRECKELS./Kenneth
    What can I say? Enough freckles=tan.

I SUGGEST a stop at Red Rider's blog I dont know how someone with broken bones and rideing that dismal flatland can be so positive and write such inspiring fun to read stuff./Kenneth
    Dismal flatland? Perhaps my pictures misrepresent the ag areas. With corn, sunflowers, tomatoes, alfalfa acreage punctuated by peach, almond, walnut, etc. orchards I find this place teeming with life, scents and sights not available in places like, say, Death Valley.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monday morning I did 25 mi. of hill repeats, feeling energized by the (relative) cool, quiet, empty roads.

Tonight I plan to start a 30 mile training ride with my team. Goal: to hang on just a little bit longer than last week.

Visit my blog.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday evening I rode 12.9 miles @ 100 cadence and averaged a blistering 17.8 mph for the ride. No ride tonight. Yep, I'm on "recovery week" and I was really looking forward to it. Easy week next week also, as I'll be tapering for a stage race on July 10 - 12th. Over the three days I'll be doing a 5 mile TT, two crits and a road race.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HA HA let me get all my mistakes behind me My trek is a 7300 not a 3700/Ididnt ride in the rain yesterday[shoudave] so im clean;and I did ride in the drissel today 30miles hard coastal hills at the end Lance ahd been proud[maybe]/////Now my route if the usa say's im clean enough for Canadian customs /// Ill take the ferry at Matane to Baie-Comeau /then down the Quebec side of the Gulf of St.Lawrance to the mouth of the Saguenay river and up to Roberval///havent a clue how far that is./Kenneth

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id like to race ya JET from Machias to LubecYou give me a day head start so it will be fair/Kenneth

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id like to race ya JET from Machias to LubecYou give me a day head start so it will be fair/Kenneth
    I sense a hustler in waiting. I still need to get my passport. BTW, do you average in the ferry ride to your total?, your bike is moving.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sense distrust as well as youth/Kenneth