Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 326 of 580 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 8,126 to 8,150 of 14488
    What??? Only 2 wheels? jimmuller's Avatar
    My Bikes
    '73 Raleigh Carlton Gran Sport, '72 Peugeot UO-8, '82 Peugeot TH8, '87 Bianchi Brava, '76? Masi Grand Criterium, '72 Bertin C32, '87 Centurion Ironman Expert, '74 Motobecane Champion Team, and lots of uncertainty on some
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did my usual 25 round trip commute today. But I think it ended up being more like 28 miles. I did a minor detour this morning and I've found a longer route back to the station which bypasses a tiring and slightly risky I95 interchange. However I was riding the Masi today so I seem to have run it harder than I'm used to. How did that happen?
    Real cyclists use toe clips.
    jimmuller

My Bikes
    Volagi, daVinci Joint Venture
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy 13 tandem miles. Just a tune-up for Sunday's 100K (Chico Velo Mildflower). Temps may touch 80deg, but we'll be finished before then. I'm hoping the one longish climb (4.5 miles, 1350') will be easier than two years ago; we're certainly stronger.
    Rick T
    --------
    Volagi - Triple"ized" and Tubeless
    daVinci Joint Venture

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 miles today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 miles

My Bikes
    2012 Colnago Ace road bike, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Six riders on a nice, moderate paced ride through downtown Tampa, around the bay via way of Bayshore Blvd and ending up at the Ballast Point Park for breakfast. The return trip was also nice as we took a different route and went through Tampa's SOHO district. Total distance of 20 miles.
    HCFR Cycling Team
    Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
    2010 Giant Cypress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went for a nice 37.7 mile ride today, saw an otter cross the road, it's getting hotter here in FL, and it's not even hot yet. Soon to be 98degs.
    2012 Trek FX 7.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not my best day on the bike today. After the climb I was toast and really struggled to just get back to the car. C'est la vie. Beautiful day for a ride though but Neal kicked my butt. 60 miles with 5100' of climbing in 4:08 ride time.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/172609487
    FS: Shimano DA 7900 brake calipers, DA 7900 Crankset 50/34 175mm and BB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    22 miles on the resurrected Gazelle road bike. Still a few more bits to hang on the bike and a few more adjustments to make! Man I love those old '70 steel lugged road bikes! Need another one!!!

Nice brisk 17mph breeze with cool temps. The local hot shoes were heading out on their ride just as I was returning.

My Bikes
    1972 Schwinn Super Sport, 1983 Trek 600, 1985 Trek 660, 197? Holdsworth Mistral, 1995 Trek 800 mountain bike, 2013 Jamis Coda Comp, 2013 Specialized Crosstrack.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Headed out this morning to go get a perscription filled, ended up dropping off the prescription and taking the long route home, the one that goes by a Dunkin Donuts. Ended up doing 28 miles. Pretty stiff headwind on the longest part of the ride, near the end of course. I've got about 200 miles on the new bike now, really liking it. Jamis Coda Comp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11miles nice and easy on hybrid bike.

My Bikes
    Trek multi-track 720
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    40.55 miles on the Osage Prairie tour ride fund raiser for the Parsons Police Officers Assoc. It is a fund raiser for sports programs here in Parsons KS. They give money to Babe Ruth Baseball; the Football program they do; S Hill football camp and other sports programs.

What??? Only 2 wheels? jimmuller's Avatar
    My Bikes
    '73 Raleigh Carlton Gran Sport, '72 Peugeot UO-8, '82 Peugeot TH8, '87 Bianchi Brava, '76? Masi Grand Criterium, '72 Bertin C32, '87 Centurion Ironman Expert, '74 Motobecane Champion Team, and lots of uncertainty on some
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    35.5 miles on the tandem today. Our usual grounds, Concord, Carlisle, Bedford, Lexington. Lot of wind, cool temps too but not cold. Lot of traffic! This must be Drive-Your-Car-Somewhere_Unnecessary Day. Sleepy little Carlisle Center was like Storrow Drive. Drivers were frantic too. But why? We're still 8 days from the next full moon.

A stop in Bedford at Depot Park:

The bike that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsnips:
    Real cyclists use toe clips.
    jimmuller

My Bikes
    Felt AR4 and Cannondale hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my usual Friday ride to day but had to shorten it up some, I had an appointment that I just barely made. 60 some miles.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/172676566

http://app.strava.com/rides/7529299
    Chief Executive In Charge Of Diddly Squat.

Taking on a long hill is like fighting a Gorilla. You don't stop when you are tired, You stop when the Gorilla is tired.

Now ridding a
    Felt AR4 with Mavic Super light Premium wheels
    Cannonade Hybrid

If you lack the courage to start, you have already finished.

In God we trust

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zip today but rode 16 miles Friday after work. Amazing fact: It takes an hour to ride 16 miles at 16 miles per hour!
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://app.strava.com/rides/7509637

30 miles. I really enjoyed this ride. I've been having trouble with steep and/or sustained climbs on my bent, so I went up a couple of nasty climbs and didn't have any trouble with them. One was a "named climb" locally and was a bit surprised that it didn't make a categorized climb for Strava. I'm latern rouge on all the Strava segments; I wear my malediction like a suit of shining armor (a stolen line). I don't care.
    Last edited by Dudelsack; 04-28-12 at 08:37 PM.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JanMM View Post
    Zip today but rode 16 miles Friday after work. Amazing fact: It takes an hour to ride 16 miles at 16 miles per hour!
    Remember: it only takes an hour to ride for one hour.

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudelsack View Post
    Remember: it only takes an hour to ride for one hour.
    Really it only takes 60 minutes to ride an hour.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikey Mikey View Post
    Really it only takes 60 minutes to ride an hour.
    Is that from a peer reviewed journal? If not, I'm skeptical.

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudelsack View Post
    http://app.strava.com/rides/7509637

30 miles. I really enjoyed this ride. I've been having trouble with steep and/or sustained climbs on my bent, so I went up a couple of nasty climbs and didn't have any trouble with them. One was a "named climb" locally and was a bit surprised that it didn't make a categorized climb for Strava. I'm latern rouge on all the Strava segments; I wear my malediction like a suit of shining armor (a stolen line). I don't care.
    Ha-ha, that's funny!

I love that you're out there riding anyway, posting on Strava and going back and doing it again.

It's not about setting records (despite what Strava would have you believe), it's about riding your bike and loving the ride.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

My Bikes
    '08 Orbea Diva "The Avocado"; Specialized Dolce comp "Sweet Thang"; Co-Motion Roadster "Blue Jay", Fuji Team Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This morning c_gallagh convinced me to go on an easy 2 mi. run with him and the dogs. It wasn't that easy, and it was 2.3 miles.

Today was his last day off for 3 wks. or so, and we visited the Napa Valley for some distinctive wine tastings, tours, and a fine early afternoon picnic. The weather was peak NorCal spring-like and the wildflowers pop out of the landscapes like punctuation.

Later I went on a ride that was punctuated by scents -- orange, orange, other flowers, BBQ, orange, flowers, steak, etc., etc. I found that my Pavlovian responses were sharp, then I got further into the country and the smell of seared meat disappeared.

Two more days of this 30 Days of Biking and I can take a day off. As if.
    When my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, *****, she's awake!"

Visit my blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice RDC ,(Rail Diesel Car) Jimmuller! I had 12 miles in the wind and some rain, little hill repeat course I have laid out for myself aroud my home . 142 for the month

My Bikes
    2012 Colnago Ace road bike, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my normal, daily 31 mile ride this morning at the wilderness MUP. Second lap was a little bit slower because all the families were out after church. Great ride but it started getting really hot toward the middle of the second lap.
    HCFR Cycling Team
    Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
    2010 Giant Cypress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We managed to recover enough from yesterday's ride to get out on the Ring of Fire loop which will be part of the Tour de Cashiers this coming weekend. After the first tough climb I was surprised to find my legs feeling a lot better than anytime during Sat. ride. We took breaks at the top of each climb to wait for each other and one other nice break at a store. It was a relaxed pace on a great morning for a ride. My Garmin under-reports the elevation gain on this loop! The weekend totals are about 100 miles and very close to 10K' of climbing.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/172977522
    FS: Shimano DA 7900 brake calipers, DA 7900 Crankset 50/34 175mm and BB

My Bikes
    Trek Pilot 5.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode 38 mi today on the Schuylkill River Trail near Valley Forge National Park. I had intended to ride three repeats of the 12-mile section I usually ride, but after the first "lap" I had to abandon that plan because they were holding a March of Dimes Walk-a-Thon in the area and the walkers used a 200-yard section of the trail as part of their course. Apparently no one instructed the walkers on standard MUP etiquette, because they completely filled the trail from side-to-side, forcing everyone else off the trail. I was a little steamed, but not too much, because it was a gorgeous Spring day, so I tried a section of the trail I hadn't ridden before. I rode this new-to-me section for an hour, then returned and was able to ride the final "lap" over my usual 12-mile section.

Oh, and I saw a first for me on the trail today. As I approached the Pawlings Road trailhead where I enter the trail, I saw a snake on the trail. This was on an area that gets a lot of sun, and I think the snake was sunning itself. I happened to be riding alongside another cyclist with whom I had been riding for a mile or so before this point, and we were both stunned when what appeared to be a skinny branch lying on the trail started slithering off to the edge as we approached. The snake was skinny and small--about 16 - 18" long I estimate. It appeared black in color. If I had to guess I would say Garter Snake, but I didn't see any stripes along its sides. It could have been a juvenile Nothern Racer, but it was very small (short) to be one of those, although it did move pretty quickly, which is one of the traits of that snake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmuller View Post
    The bike that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsnips:
    Jim,
    Your stoker looks a little youthful to be part of the 50+ community. Are you employing young folks to push you down the road?