Page 445 of 619 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455495545 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,125 of 15464
    My Bikes
    Giant Escape 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode my age today, 56 plus 1 more for good measure. I ran out of steam at 40, but had no choice but to grind out 17 more slow ones. The temp was 70, sunny, and with a little breeze. This was taken just outside Rockmark, GA. on the Silver Comet Trail. http://app.strava.com/activities/47565005

2013-04-06 14.48.20.jpg
    "I don't make mistakes, only design changes"
    2013 Giant Escape, 1987 Bianchi Strada LX, 2011 Schwinn Excursion

My Bikes
    dawes, schwinn, kona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunny, mid 50s temp, light but steady breeze. Another 7.57 mile loop basically on the MUP. Still following the guidelines from the cardiac rehab nurse.. sort of slow and steady and not too far. However, riding the bike is a LOT easier than a rehab session! Tomorrow is my birthday... won't be riding as I have a banjo gig for most of the afternoon... but at least I am around to observe it, complete with a new heart valve!

I am riding a 2006 Kona Dew Deluxe, and I did note that I am no longer using the granny chainring as I was on several of the hills when I first rode after the surgery. So, something good must be happening. Next ride I hope to lengthen the distance to about 10 miles. Temps will be in the 70s next week (at least the early part) so I hope to be able to squeeze in a ride on non-rehab days. Also, since everyone on this forum is probably as sick of hearing about heart valve replacement as I am sick of mentioning it.. henceforth it is a done deal and deserves no further mention.

Keep moving.

Pete

My Bikes
    2008 Trek Madone 5.5, 2009 Cervelo R3SL tdf edition, Cervelo R5 with Di2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had planned a 105 mile ride with 9.5k of climbing, but the gods had pity on me and broke one of my spokes. I still ended up doing 77 miles with 8.1K of climbing. That was plenty.

The ride started in Sperryville, VA at about 750 ft and climbed up to Skyland at 3600 feet on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah NP, and then further south. I had planned a loop out to Stanardsville, Madison, Syria and back, but I broke the spoke at about 39 miles, so I decided it was smarter just to turn around and go back.

I went about 12 miles or so before the Garmin showed even 1 foot of descending.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/294181130
    2009 Cervelo R3SL TdF Edition, Ultegra Di2
    2011 Cervelo R5, DA Di2

Have bike, will travel Barrettscv's Avatar
    My Bikes
    A road bike for every purpose
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    25 miles of soggy gravel with some soft earth and single-track thrown in. Sunny with 45 to 60f temps helped it feel like spring.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/294691754
    Last edited by Barrettscv; 04-07-13 at 04:53 PM.
    2014 Trek DS.1: "Viaggiatore" A do-it-all bike that is waiting in Italy
    2012 Pedal Force CG2: "Secolo Bicicletta" the modern carbon fiber road bike
    2012 Pedal Force CX2: "Carbone CX" the carbon fiber CX bike
    2010 Origin 8 CX 700: "Servizio Grave" Monstercross/29er bike
    1997 Simoncini Special Cyclocross: "Little Simon" lugged Columbus steel CX bike
    1987 Serotta Nova Special X: "Azzurri" The retro Columbus SPX steel road bike
    1971ish Peugeot PX10: "Fancy Lugs"

My Bikes
    Apollo Revival Mountain Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In The Woods1.jpg

Just a very short ride to our local Water Park and River through Priory Woods. My partner likes to take pics of me riding my MTB up and down the many slopes and trails there.

About 3 miles in lovely spring weather for a change. 9C and light winds lovely and warm

Just generally messing about striking daft poses on the bike lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Apollo Revival MTB AKA Sunshine

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rode my age (43 years ago!) today: 20 miles in gorgeous Spring weather. First 2013 ride wearing shorts.
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

What??? Only 2 wheels? jimmuller's Avatar
    My Bikes
    '73 Raleigh Carlton Gran Sport, '72 Peugeot UO-8, '82 Peugeot TH8, '87 Bianchi Brava, '76? Masi Grand Criterium, '72 Bertin C32, '87 Centurion Ironman Expert, '74 Motobecane Champion Team, and lots of uncertainty on some
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    45.9 tandem miles today. My sweetie likes to take pics of me and the bike. Here I am standing on an island in the middle of a very busy intersection, Dunstable Center, with seeming no businesses around, just a town hall, a church, a few other civic buildings, lots of through traffic. Jonas H. French donated that fountain to the town in 1888. The fountain part no longer works however.

Real cyclists use toe clips.
    jimmuller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15 mile recovery ride today, but then I came home and watched the Paris Roubaix race. Does that count? By the way, does anyone know what shorts those guys wear?

A might bewildered... Dudelsack's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by apollored View Post
    In The Woods1.jpg

Just a very short ride to our local Water Park and River through Priory Woods. My partner likes to take pics of me riding my MTB up and down the many slopes and trails there.

About 3 miles in lovely spring weather for a change. 9C and light winds lovely and warm

Just generally messing about striking daft poses on the bike lol
    Shredding hills without suspension. Uda!

I rode ten board flat miles today with my whiny daughter, and I feel like toast. That's 100 miles on the week, on the first week that's been at all inviting. And I picked up plantar facistitis. Dang it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    18 miles early this morning with rain threatening. Didn't rain till after lunch but the threat helped provide motivation to keep the pace up. Temps were very comfortable and winds almost calm. Pretty good for south-central Kansas this time of year.
    "The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles" Butch Cassidy

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimF22003 View Post
    I had planned a 105 mile ride with 9.5k of climbing, but the gods had pity on me and broke one of my spokes. I still ended up doing 77 miles with 8.1K of climbing. That was plenty.

The ride started in Sperryville, VA at about 750 ft and climbed up to Skyland at 3600 feet on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah NP, and then further south. I had planned a loop out to Stanardsville, Madison, Syria and back, but I broke the spoke at about 39 miles, so I decided it was smarter just to turn around and go back.

I went about 12 miles or so before the Garmin showed even 1 foot of descending.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/294181130
    Honorary Mountain Goat Status?????

Seriously great stuff. I bet this is the most climbing stuff you've done this early in the season. Keep it up!!!
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennismont View Post
    I rode my age today, 56 plus 1 more for good measure. I ran out of steam at 40, but had no choice but to grind out 17 more slow ones. The temp was 70, sunny, and with a little breeze. This was taken just outside Rockmark, GA. on the Silver Comet Trail. http://app.strava.com/activities/47565005

2013-04-06 14.48.20.jpg
    Terrific! You'll be ready for Six Gaps come September!
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did 57 miles from the house over the in-laws. This one was a little more sane than yesterday as only 3000 ft of climbing. However I really felt yesterday's hills.

I should be more than ready for the back to back days of RtR come June.
    Ride your Ride!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 miles today, through rolling countryside. Everyone was out riding. So good to see.
    midlifecyclistblog.wordpress.com www.facebook.com/bill.midlifecyclistblogger

My Bikes
    Schwinn 700c, Schwinn Varsity
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went a good 12 miles today, about six miles coming back home into the face of steady 20 to 30 mph wind with even stronger gusts. The wind took down power lines and came real close to blowing me off the bike a couple of times. My legs are tired!

My Bikes
    2008 Trek Madone 5.5, 2009 Cervelo R3SL tdf edition, Cervelo R5 with Di2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    I bet this is the most climbing stuff you've done this early in the season.
    I think it might be. The years are starting to run together

I'm really, really worried about Mountains of Misery this year. I'm way overweight right now. My body can't quite do what it thinks it should be able to...

Sunday I did the "Edinburg Gap" ride in reverse, that goes about 40 miles up the valley (south) from Front Royal, over to Edinburg, and over the gap into Fort Valley and back. Only about 5K of climbing, and the only real long climb was the gap itself. But man, my legs were burning. Worst part was the horrendous headwinds on the first half. The sweet cruise back down Fort Valley with a tailwind made it all worth it though.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/294857179
    Last edited by JimF22003; 04-08-13 at 04:04 AM.
    2009 Cervelo R3SL TdF Edition, Ultegra Di2
    2011 Cervelo R5, DA Di2

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimF22003 View Post
    I think it might be. The years are starting to run together

I'm really, really worried about Mountains of Misery this year. I'm way overweight right now. My body can't quite do what it thinks it should be able to...

Sunday I did the "Edinburg Gap" ride in reverse, that goes about 40 miles up the valley (south) from Front Royal, over to Edinburg, and over the gap into Fort Valley and back. Only about 5K of climbing, and the only real long climb was the gap itself. But man, my legs were burning. Worst part was the horrendous headwinds on the first half. The sweet cruise back down Fort Valley with a tailwind made it all worth it though.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/294857179
    It's good that you're worried. Now you'll train that much more and be in even better shape for MoM. Just keep up the climbing and you'll be in great shape come Memorial Day.

If it's any consolation I feel exactly the same way about Mitchell-I'm just not where I need to be conditioning wise. I seem to be good for 60 miles but it's that last 30 or so where I'm really having to back off. AOMM is the weekend before MoM and I'm just praying my body is going to get more accustomed to the extended abuse within 30+ days. The conditioning always seems to come around so I'm just trying to stay true to the cause. I'm probably going to be as slow as ever but as tough as AOMM and MoM are just finishing and still able to stand up is plenty enough for me.
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmuller View Post
    45.9 tandem miles today. My sweetie likes to take pics of me and the bike. Here I am standing on an island in the middle of a very busy intersection, Dunstable Center, with seeming no businesses around, just a town hall, a church, a few other civic buildings, lots of through traffic. Jonas H. French donated that fountain to the town in 1888. The fountain part no longer works however.

Love the pic and scenery!! Phone the local electric utility and tell them the need to re-tension the guy wires on that pole in the background!!!
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Trek Domane 4.5, Trek 1500
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got in 77 on Saturday, and 32 yesterday.
    The ride on Saturday was cool because we had an 82-yo rider with us. it was a 63+ mile route, with a 7 mile, 6% climb in the middle. He waited for us at the bottom, then continued the ride. He was one of the original founders of the chapter in 2004, and is slower now, but still completed the ride. I slowed up to stay with him.

My Bikes
    Bianchi Sempre; CAAD 10
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rode 13 on sat and 11 yesterday...with second half into brutal wind. 3 out of 4 days. Getting back into it. Shoulders sore today. Too much hump in back?

My Bikes
    Apollo Revival Mountain Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudelsack View Post
    Shredding hills without suspension. Uda!

I rode ten board flat miles today with my whiny daughter, and I feel like toast. That's 100 miles on the week, on the first week that's been at all inviting. And I picked up plantar facistitis. Dang it.

Owwww thats really sore, hope the physio can fix it soon and I also hope said daughter is waiting on you hand and foot to make up for all that whinging!
    Apollo Revival MTB AKA Sunshine

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    108 miles today.
    Please support diabetics like myself, a red rider, by supporting the American Diabetes Association.
    If you see a Tour de Cure event, consider participating or supporting a Red Rider or other participant.

My nephew's and his two friends' blog about their riding the East Coast, Maine to the Keys:
    http://brobreak.wordpress.com/

My Strava account

My Bikes
    2012 Colnago Ace road bike, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride my typical 35 miles today. Great weather but a little windy toward the end.
    HCFR Cycling Team
    Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
    2010 Giant Cypress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 18 mile tour of the local MUPs. 70F with 17 mph winds.
    "The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles" Butch Cassidy

What??? Only 2 wheels? jimmuller's Avatar
    My Bikes
    '73 Raleigh Carlton Gran Sport, '72 Peugeot UO-8, '82 Peugeot TH8, '87 Bianchi Brava, '76? Masi Grand Criterium, '72 Bertin C32, '87 Centurion Ironman Expert, '74 Motobecane Champion Team, and lots of uncertainty on some
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did my first bike commute of the year today. Round trip 25 miles. Went vintage with this because orange seemed like a good idea.

Of course, you may not see the image until my ISP gets a technical glitch under control. Newly transferred files have been intermittently showing up and disappearing...
    Real cyclists use toe clips.
    jimmuller