Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 535 of 619 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537545585 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,375 of 15462
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a nice day, 66F, mostly sunny, little wind, it doesn't get much better. 25.58 miles, 1H 43M 24S, after work this afternoon.

Welcome to the 50+ Cyclebabble, its gets warmer and better, eventually, they say. Watch for the next couple of fronts, supposed to be doozys

Bill
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 01-20-14 at 04:33 PM.
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

"We can't control that we have Parkinson's, but we can control how we live with Parkinson's" Davis Phinney

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    40 miles today, 40 windy miles.
    Please support diabetics like myself, a red rider, by supporting the American Diabetes Association.
    If you see a Tour de Cure event, consider participating or supporting a Red Rider or other participant.

My nephew's and his two friends' blog about their riding the East Coast, Maine to the Keys:
    http://brobreak.wordpress.com/

My Strava account

My Bikes
    1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today was such a nice day, that my errand riding somehow turned into a 14 mile trip to the Clarke Bridge and back. I've felt the need to blow the cobwebs out of my legs from all this cold weather and snow. Seeing the iced-over Mississippi, with only the ice in the barge-lanes broken up, was quite a sight.

My Bikes
    2012 Colnago Ace road bike, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great weather today with temps in the low 70's and clear and sunny skies for a 44 mile ride. MLK holiday brought hordes of people to the park with lots of kids on bicycles. Great to see the kids outdoors and getting some exercise but it would be nice if the parents would keep a better eye on them.
    HCFR Cycling Team
    Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
    2010 Giant Cypress

My Bikes
    motorized cruiser,& Mtn bike & Folder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got home just before sunset, so i got in a couple miles around the neighborhood. Today was an in between cold days. Hit 50 degrees

My Bikes
    Giant TCR C2, Trek 7500 Multitrack
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife and I got in 21 miles. Temp in the high 50's, but- In approx. 1.5 years of riding, this was THE MOST WIND we have biked in. First 10 miles our average speed read 19 mph......never done that before. Then we made the turn into the head wind (funny how we didn't notice the tail wind much). For a couple of miles we could only manage 13 mph, pushing hard. Finished avg. speed was 17.3, which is pretty good for us. Glad we got to ride today-Winter Storm Watch for tomorrow.
    bluesharp- if you don't blow you suck

My Bikes
    Schwinn Median, Marin Fairfax SC-6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low 40s today, did 30 miles. Yesterday, just a spin class. Tomorrow will begin a 24-hr snowfall and the first day of a long stretch of temps in the 20s. On the ten-day forecast, everyday but two in the middle are in the 20s. Since that's the longest range forecast they have it may actually be longer! We're not used to that kind of prolonged cold here. I don't think my bikes will be seeing much action.
    Bike more, stress less.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really high winds this afternoon, cold front came through and the temps are dropping steadily. 17.14 miles, 1H 35M 24S, slowed by that stiff wind, 20mph steady with gusts to 35 much of the time and to let the 5 fire trucks pass. Must have been a false alarm, they were coming back clean when I was on the return pass.

Bill

"We can't control that we have Parkinson's, but we can control how we live with Parkinson's" Davis Phinney

My Bikes
    2 Paramounts, CAAD8, Giant Propel Advanced SL3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total of 60 miles with 33 miles being a slug-fest. Joined today be Nina Kessler, a young and awesomely powerful Boels-Dolmans Cycling Team Member. http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/nina_Kessler Thursday's ride should also be fun.

BTW-she whipped my butt.

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Cannondale ST600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rode 15 miles this morning about 5 miles in my bike computer locked up so everything past that was a guesstimate.
    2013 Roubaix Sport Compact, 1987 Cannondale ST-600

My Bikes
    Volagi, daVinci Joint Venture
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got in 19 miles after an unintended 3-day layoff. Temps probably near 70 degrees.
    Rick T
    --------
    Volagi - Triple"ized" and Tubeless
    daVinci Joint Venture

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wednesday afternoon, 15.13 miles, 1H 02M 55S, cold but nothing bad.

Bill

My Bikes
    2012 Colnago Ace road bike, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent the morning at my wife's doctor's office (cardiologist and orthopedic). Got home too late to ride, so I threw the bike on the trainer for a 15 mile indoor ride. Haven't been on the trainer in over a year and now I know why.
    HCFR Cycling Team
    Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
    2010 Giant Cypress

My Bikes
    2 Paramounts, CAAD8, Giant Propel Advanced SL3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biked to Walmart shortly after sunrise when temperature was around 40F. Way too cold for this transplant Fl. guy. Met best friend around 1:00PM with temperature closer to 60F and headed out for his birthday ride. Funny thing is he completed 55 miles on his 62nd birthday while I did 63. Have a marathon on Sunday so no more biking this week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thursday afternoon, 15.13 miles, 1H 04M 53S.

Bill

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    45 minutes on the trainer yesterday.
    Please support diabetics like myself, a red rider, by supporting the American Diabetes Association.
    If you see a Tour de Cure event, consider participating or supporting a Red Rider or other participant.

My nephew's and his two friends' blog about their riding the East Coast, Maine to the Keys:

My Strava account

My Bikes
    Trek Domane 4.5, Trek 1500
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20.9 miles @ 18.1 ave yesterday

My Bikes
    1975 Montgomery Wards 10 speed, 2013 Windsor Wellington 3.0 1987 Trek Elance 400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I had to drop off one of my bikes at a lbs (50 miles from home due to the fact we do not have a lbs locally) and decided to bring along my other bike to ride a mup in the area. I dropped off my bike and headed for the mup. I'm new at bike riding (six months now) so understand that small gains and awareness are part of my developing bike riding experience. The mup is in the Redding CA area. It's called the Sacramento River Rail Trail, it follows up and down the Sacramento river. What a gem, to be able to ride without the exposure to auto traffic. I rode part of the trail a few weeks ago and after looking over the maps of the area, I decided to ride the mup from the Sundial bridge to the Shasta Dam. It's about 18 miles bridge to dam. I would be my longest ride to date. It was a fantastic ride, a little more challanging than I anticipated with a climb in the middle they call "heart rate hill". I was down to my lowest gearing (30T front, 25T rear) to make the climb. There was also a 20 to 25 mph head wind blowing. I was so excited to do this ride that none of the obsticles bothered me and I rode right through them.
    Here's were I'm going with this story. Sitting here this morning reflecting on yesterday adventure, I realize that I am beginning to be fascinated by the chance to ride somewhere new to me. This is one of the reasons I've been so attracted to motorcycle riding over the years as it gives me opportunity to discover somewhere new. Now I am taking this fascination to bicycling. I didn't intend it to go this way, I took up bicycling for the exercise and to help control my diabetes. Now I have a new way to explore. My next adventure will be to ride the mup that used to be a railroad line from Susanville to Westwood CA. Holy smokes! I could spend the rest of my life just riding converted mups from old railroad lines, wow!
    Last edited by Brodie01; 01-24-14 at 10:31 AM.

My Bikes
    1996 Trek 820 Mountain Bike, 2010 Gary Fisher Tarpon, 2013 Trek Domane 4.5C
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
    What a nice day, 66F, mostly sunny, little wind, it doesn't get much better. 25.58 miles, 1H 43M 24S, after work this afternoon.

Welcome to the 50+ Cyclebabble, its gets warmer and better, eventually, they say. Watch for the next couple of fronts, supposed to be doozys

Bill
    You said it....Doozies for sure. We are at a 10 degree high today, tomorrow will get up to 20, then drop to a -3 high for Monday and Tuesday. I am glad I have the opportunity to get some needed workouts on a spinner at the gym, but I would rather be outside on my bikes.

Thanks,
    John S

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    25 miles with just a bit of climbing, 15.5mph average. Temperature probably 60-ish.
    Rick T
    --------
    daVinci Joint Venture

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This afternoon was interesting, 37F air temp, North wind at 5-7mph, and sleet with some snow flakes mixed in. No accumulation nor anything even noticeable on the ground, just a few floating down. The sleet stung somewhat, too. 15.15 miles, 1H 04M 58S.

Bill

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60 minutes on the trainer this AM.

My Strava account

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
    This afternoon was interesting, 37F air temp, North wind at 5-7mph, and sleet with some snow flakes mixed in. No accumulation nor anything even noticeable on the ground, just a few floating down. The sleet stung somewhat, too. 15.15 miles, 1H 04M 58S.

Bill
    Bill, you need to move to a warmer climate.
    Rick T
    --------
    daVinci Joint Venture

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rode from home to the 6 y/o grandson's basketball game. Took a roundabout route to I could get in 50 miles, 16.2 mph with a bit of climbing.
    Rick T
    --------
    daVinci Joint Venture

My Bikes
    Schwinn Broadway, Specialized Secteur Sport(crashed) Spec. Roubaix Sport, Spec. Crux
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An hour on the trainer doing Sufferfest Rubber Glove for stage one of Tour of Sufferlandria. I improved my FTP.

Mark