Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Did you ride today? (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/555896-did-you-ride-today.html)

Harhir 11-20-15 04:58 PM

My almost daily commute. 3rd time this week. 7.5 miles each way.

jimmuller 11-20-15 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by canklecat (Post 18334311)
Happy birthday! Mine too,...

What? Is everybody having a birthday sooner or later? Happy B-day to you too!

JanMM 11-20-15 07:57 PM

Might get a taste of wintry weather Saturday, but Thursday was pretty good for bike commuting. 19 miles.

h2oxtc 11-20-15 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by jimmuller (Post 18328977)
Well, yeah, I did ride my commute yet again today. Temperature was 26degF when I left the house this morning. Not bad but there is danger lurking in the frozen aftermath of people's lawn sprinklers. Have to be careful. Probably won't ride tomorrow.

The only riding I've been doing as of late is on the trainer ... here's my ride report:

Well, yeah, I did ride my commute (on the trainer) yet again today. Temperature felt like 26degF when I started riding in the basement of our house (this evening). Not bad, but there is danger lurking (fortunately not a frozen aftermath) from inattentiveness and a potential tombay. Have to be careful. Probably won't ride tomorrow.

Always looking for inspiration to ride the next "commute" on the trainer. :)

John_V 11-21-15 12:33 PM

Did a nice 36 mile casual ride with my weekend cycling buddy. Nice weather until it decided to rain.

OldTryGuy 11-21-15 01:33 PM

Pasta Bash ride today put on by local bike club and I was late as usual. Met the rather large group for the metric century about .75 mile from the start. Three new routes from previous years which proved to be more biker friendly. A couple of 20+ mile loops then the final loop, but my Garmin showed it to be shy of the 22 needed so I added the extra. There was a common sag stop after the first 2 loops. Since I was not recovered from last Sunday's Horrible Hundred in Clermont, FL. and the 79 miles on Tuesday, I rolled through the sag stop and continued on. Both times I was 13 miles into the next loop before the group caught me.

Had a total of 81 miles in by the time I made it back home with the rains starting to fall shortly after.

Oldguyonoldbike 11-21-15 04:29 PM

A very brisk 25 miles with a strong north wind. Would love to ride more than that, but I'm not a big fan of the (very relative) cold or the winds. Might have to migrate to the trainer soon.

canklecat 11-21-15 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First "winter" ride Saturday evening. Well, winter by Texas standards = just below 50 F. Brisk wind but no serious gusts and pleasant overall. Didn't keep track of the miles since I stop a lot to snap photos of roadside memorials, graffiti, whatever catches my eye. Sorry, no pix of me wearing jean shorts, sneakers and high-top white socks and a brown leather jacket. There are limits, even for adult oriented sites.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=489504
Underbridge graffiti lit up with helmet light.

jimmuller 11-21-15 09:51 PM

My sweetie and I took the tandem out for 47.7 miles today. Just a dash out to the more rural 'burbs for lunch and then a veggie stop on the return.

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ri...ronAndBike.jpg

http://world.std.com/~muller/pics/Ri...AndVeggies.jpg

2manybikes 11-22-15 12:24 AM

81 miles on a 21 lb. road bike. 45 F at start, down to 30F at turn around point, back up to 38 F at end of ride.
Comfortable all the time, by changing layers. Home about 11:00 pm.

TCR Rider 11-22-15 04:37 PM

11/21 - 51.6 miles @ 16 mph with 1542 ft. First time in over three weeks that I felt almost normal. I tripped and fell on my hip replacement over three weeks ago and while I didn't damage it, x ray confirmed that, it has been sore as hell. I went to the chiropractor Friday and she adjusted the bejesus out of me. she told me that while the titanium hip wasn't going anywhere the rest of me was out of alignment. I guess I should have gone to see her sooner. I didn't plan to ride that far today but I got a little greedy.

11/22 - 35.25 miles @ 16.1 with 1070 feet. Raw and windy (48 deg 13 mph wind) The good news was no issues with my hip.

JanMM 11-22-15 08:35 PM

Snow yesterday and a high in the low 30's today. Rode 3 miles today. Probably would have gone longer if had put on the warmer ski gloves I got last winter.

qcpmsame 11-23-15 07:43 AM

Nothing yesterday, didn't feel safe trying to ride in the north winds we got after the cold front moved through, balance issues have given me some interesting times here recently.

Friday and Saturday were both 27.5 miles, same route taken for both rides. Friday was still unseasonably warm, but Saturday was cloudy, windy and cooler with the approaching front. Its sunny and cool this morning, warming through the weekend so it should be a good week for mileage, hopefully.

Bill

John_V 11-24-15 01:05 PM

35 solo miles in some consistently high winds this morning. Wind and gusts speeds were so close to each other you couldn't tell when you were getting hit by a gust.

OldTryGuy 11-24-15 02:07 PM

I had to get out today, just because......so I bundled up with arm/leg warmers, a second shirt and some newspaper to block cold on chest and got in 41 miles. No more biking until after half marathon this Sunday, then a cruise and then well after next prostate cancer procedure on Dec. 10th.

Originally Posted by TCR Rider (Post 18338193)
11/21 - 51.6 miles @ 16 mph with 1542 ft. First time in over three weeks that I felt almost normal. I tripped and fell on my hip replacement over three weeks ago and while I didn't damage it, x ray confirmed that, it has been sore as hell. I went to the chiropractor Friday and she adjusted the bejesus out of me. she told me that while the titanium hip wasn't going anywhere the rest of me was out of alignment. I guess I should have gone to see her sooner. I didn't plan to ride that far today but I got a little greedy.

11/22 - 35.25 miles @ 16.1 with 1070 feet. Raw and windy (48 deg 13 mph wind) The good news was no issues with my hip.

Glad to read that things are looking brighter, albeit cold and windy, in the PRofB. :thumb:

qcpmsame 11-25-15 07:15 AM

Got in another 27.5 miles yesterday, cloudy all day with cool temperatures, but the winds have calmed slightly. Should be a fairly warm Thanksgiving here, compared to what some of you are dealing with, and no snow or ice, thankfully. Sunny today, should be a good time.

Bill

JanMM 11-25-15 10:12 PM

Very nice mild weather today for my only bike commute this Thanksgiving-shortened work week. Above freezing this morning and upper 50's in the afternoon. And, not only that but, wait, there's more..........traffic was light this day-before-Thanksgiving. Pleasant 19 miles to and fro.

jimmuller 11-25-15 11:06 PM

Yeah, traffic was light today. That's good. It was 26degF when I left the house this morning. That was okay except my thumbs got cold. A nice ride.

schwinn1959 11-26-15 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After riding 5 miles yesterday, today after eating a whopper of a meal, there were so much food, I over ate, so got on my admiral schwinn and rode for the first time 20.3 miles, with winds up 20 mph gust and rain which was my first. I am looking forward to tomorrow for mu next ride

schwinn1959 11-26-15 04:35 PM

I don't know how to change the picture please enlighten me. I do't know how or how to down load my rides on strava

ButchA 11-26-15 07:10 PM

Earlier today, I just did a quick and easy 6.5 mile around the neighborhood side streets. I just wanted to get out and enjoy the nice but cool sunny day with hardly any traffic, since it's Thanksgiving. I did the ride before all the family members showed up...

ltxi 11-26-15 07:20 PM

No....it's really cold and snowing, dammit.

Actually, a good excuse to goof off on Thanksgiving day. :)

JanMM 11-26-15 07:33 PM

Ate a lot of Thanksgiving food at a nice family get-together midday.
Weather dry and very mild so was able to get in a brief 5 mile ride after getting home in the evening - worked off a little turkey, dressing, pie, corn pudding, etc.

Dave Cutter 11-26-15 08:08 PM

I did the same. Returned home after a great get together... when for a nice casual ride. I even wore jeans and a golf top.

jimmuller 11-26-15 08:46 PM

No pics, just a ride. 30.85 miles on the tandem, then back home early to do some cooking.