Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinkin' about N+1...

I have been dreaming of a Specialized Ruby for a couple of years now. I'm sort of thinking it's time to take the plunge...
    Specialized Ruby Expert; Salsa Casseroll, Rivendell Betty Foy; Xtracycle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the current Ruby fits you, then you should be able to get a good deal on one. The bike is getting a revision (geometry) for the 2010 year and a new race model will take the top spot in the Specialized lineup. So basically, the Ruby will be like the Roubaix and the new model like the Tarmac.

My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Wingra, 30 yr old KHS Mountain Bike, Used Yakima traile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife got her Ruby Pro about 2 months ago and it has revolutionized her riding - distance, speed, time in the saddle, and pleasure. She rode with her gel saddle for the 1st month+ but has been riding the Touche saddle for the past couple of weeks and her tushie is getting accustomed to the seat.

I followed suit with a Roubaix S-Works. I was going to get a Pro as well, but there wasn't one in my size so what was I to do...

Enjoy the ride!
    The difference between "Bold" and "Stupid"
    is often measured by the severity of your injuries.

63 yr old MTB newbie and his lovely bride

His: '08 Roubaix S-Works, ''11 Stumpjumper FSR Comp, '11 TriCross Comp, '11 Globe SS with Brooks B-17W saddle
    Hers:'08 Ruby Pro, '11 Safire FSR Comp, '11 TriCross Comp, '11 Skinny Benny SS with Brooks B-17 saddle
    Theirs: '10 Breezer 3-speed commuter

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may be able to get a better deal in another 2 months or so.
    George

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only Thinking about it?

Not a comment we hear very often- but I suppose it will give you enough time to get the size sorted- get a test ride and investigate what parts to upgrade on purchase.

And the 09 bikes will come down in price in a couple of months.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want it? Yes. Do you deserve it? Yes. Do you need it? Maybe. Two and a half out of three votes say yes,N+ 1 wins! Ain't democracy great?By the way,off topic,how was the conference in Victoria?Do you find the chocolate shop?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehillmedi View Post
    Do you want it? Yes. Do you deserve it? Yes. Do you need it? Maybe. Two and a half out of three votes say yes,N+ 1 wins! Ain't democracy great?By the way,off topic,how was the conference in Victoria?Do you find the chocolate shop?
    Yes, to most of the above! I do want it, deserve it, and need it (yes, even need it, since my current bike [the Felt racing bike, not the Casseroll] causes me enough discomfort that it inhibits my riding).

The only "no" belongs to the chocolate shop. The conference was absolutely great, but I stayed so busy with conference business that I didn't get to do much exploring. I saw Butchart Gardens again, plus the campus garden (truly lovely), but had to skip the bike ride and other exploring. Ah well, one should always leave some to do on a return trip.

I'm actually planning to get the Ruby next month. I'm coming into a little bit of disposable income then, and with the 2010 models slated to arrive on the market August 1 (according to the LBS), I might be able to get a good deal.
    Last edited by PrairieDog; 07-15-09 at 05:24 PM.
    Specialized Ruby Expert; Salsa Casseroll, Rivendell Betty Foy; Xtracycle