User Tag List

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another new bike rack.

Another new trunk under which to mount my hitch rack. A 2009 Nissan Cube. One review I read tried to describe it as "ugly chasing cute". It may turn out to be the ultimate small bike carrying econobox.....I've discovered that 4 bolts will remove the entire rear seat assembly.........leaving only the front seats and a cavern. Hmmmm, I wonder if the wife (it's really her new car) would be open to that idea.

I would post pics, but there are better already available everywhere on the web.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=142466
    Last edited by maddmaxx; 07-26-09 at 02:31 PM. Reason: shameless link shilling.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are occasions when it is better NOT to post pics of your latest aquisition.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. I have been struggling with the wisdom of a new car purchase too. With all the deals it is just hard to turn it down - problem is I know exactly what I want but it's not here yet. Subaru put out a Diesel Forester in Europe 2 yrs ago and I am hoping it will be here later this year. My wife has a 2002 Forester with 105K on it and my 1997 Exploder has 120K. We love the Forester, I would rather take it in a major snow storm over the Exploder any day. Up here in Upstate NY you have to worry about that stuff. If it doesn't come soon I'll just spring for a gas version and wait for next time. I'll probably take advantage of the Clunker rebate against the Exploder but I hate to send it to the crusher - what a friggin waist.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a couple of those Cubes. I liked their design & overall usefulness.

I think I'm about to pick up a Toyota RAV4 w/4 cyl. Mostly to be used by my wife. Also looking at it as a nice bike carrier.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post