Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Happy Camper!

My Bikes
    '03 LeMond Alpe D'Huez, '99 Giant TCR 1T, '98 Landshark Dirtshart, '09 Spot Longboard 9, '89 Bridgestone MB 3 SS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Camper!

I love Bridgestone mountain bikes! Owned a '91 MB-3 that I foolishly sold after picking up a new '94 MB-1.
    I saw a '90 MB-3 for sale on Portland's craiglist for $200. Corresponded with the owner as he didn't know the year. From the paint/graphics, determined it was a '90 with Ritchey Logic frame and fork tubing with good deore componentry. The owner already had an interested potential buyer and was reluctant to wait for me to travel 300 miles to look/then buy. As luck would have it, the potential buyer stood the owner up so I bought it sight unseen and sent a friend to pick it up. Picked up the bike late yesterday.

Here's an email I just sent to the owner tonight:

"Steve,

My friend Garry met me yesterday in Eugene and I picked up the bike. Quite honestly, it seemed rougher than I expected. Took a short ride when I got home and was reminded of the '91 MB3 I shouldn't have sold. Rode it 21 miles today so the affair has begun. Between the two rides, cleaned it up and dipped into the parts bin -- for ritchey clipless pedals, aluminum stem & handle bars, ergon grips, a bianchi seat, and ritchey bar ends -- and went to my inexpensive parts guy -- for color coordinated bottle cages, cables, brake cable hardware, and a guide for front brake cable at a total cost of $9 -- and then.....set out to test my bike mechanic skills and install everything. The bike is now transformed and weighs about 1 lb less. Test rode it earlier this evening.

Very happy with the results and the way it rides and looks. See attached pics.

Robert"

Very pleased with the bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FELTGood; 07-28-09 at 11:12 PM. Reason: addng photos
    '98 Land Shark Dirt Shark
    '90 Bridgestone MB-3 Comp

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are continuing on the journey of enjoyment. Sounds like you got something that you wanted, even if you had to do a little work. With any used bike purchase that is almost inevitable.

My Bikes
    '03 LeMond Alpe D'Huez, '99 Giant TCR 1T, '98 Landshark Dirtshart, '09 Spot Longboard 9, '89 Bridgestone MB 3 SS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Floyd. Yeah I did. Isn't that the mantra anyway:

"You have to work for the outcome that you want"

Just finished a quick morning ride -- 11.5 mi -- on it as it is supposed to get up to 105F here today!
    Last edited by FELTGood; 07-29-09 at 09:32 AM. Reason: grammar!
    '98 Land Shark Dirt Shark
    '90 Bridgestone MB-3 Comp