Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Trek 7300 tires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trek 7300 tires

Last month I purchased a Trek 7300, very nice bike but the tires (Bontrager 700x35) seems heavy and slow. Can anyone recommended if I'm better with a 32 or 28 tire size (without changing rims) and what brand/type tires. I changing from biking around the neighhood stores to doing 23 miles paved roads for better exercise on the East Coast Greenway in NYC.

My Bikes
    Flat bar road bike, trail bike and MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put these on the Trek 7200:

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product..._200276_200524

Got the 32mm. Work great on trail and road. Moved them over to my SRT bike. I've tried a similar tread on trail in 28mm, but that was just a bit too thin, tire wanted to slide out in loose crush stone.
    BierHaus Bertolette Road Bike, built 2007
    BierHaus SRT Trail Bike, built 2010
    Fuji Mt. Pro - 2007

My Bikes
    Salsa Casseroll
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put 700 x 32 Panaracer Urban Max that I got from Performance on my Trek 7300. The Trek dealer recommended going no narrower than 32 on the stock rims. When it comes time to replace them, I'll go for the same tires. They are a little lighter and the "road" style tread feels much faster.

As an aside, I got narrower rims and ride 700 x 28 Conti Gatorskins on my Casseroll. Although I regularly ride on a packed dirt/gravel MUP, like Guy says, they're a little squirrely on the loose stuff.
    Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand

My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse, Kona Dewdrop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used the Performance Forte Metro-K road 700/35 tires on my 7300 with great results.

Right now, they are on sale for $16.99 each.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panaracer Pasela TG are hard to beat (IMO). I have used them for many years on several bikes.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Rivendell A.Homer Hilsen, Paramount P13, Falcon Super Route, Mondia Special, Rodriguez Tandem
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jack Brown's are well made and supple (which translates into lower rolling resistance.) 700C x 33. I got 2800 miles out of the rear tire with two flats and my front tire is still going at 4800 miles with one flat.
    This is on the green label model without the extra radial belt for increased flat protection.

My Bikes
    Trek 7300/cannondale mountain bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HELLO Echin If all you do is run tar I have know answer If you do 1/2 + 1/2 gravel keep your 28 in. wheels If you have the leg there very fast,Its fun with that tire to run on to a 27" that tries to stay with ya. Let HIM TRY FOR 5 MILES THEN STOP FOR SMOKE He will go home for a knap/Kenneth