Thread: Sidi's

My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sidi's

I currently use SPD's on my road bike. They've developed some awful squeaks which are driving me crazy. They come and go, with lubrication seeming to help a bit.
    I'm considering going to a road shoe/pedal. I've seen many comments praising Sidi's. I'm thinking Sidi's with Crank Brothers maybe. I'm looking for suggestions on shoe models. Somebody please sell me on spending this much for new shoes. Money isn't a major issue, but the price is pretty high.
    I've bought total bikes for the cost of shoes and pedals!

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own Sidi Bullets and use them with spds on my road bike. If I had to do it over I would have spent MORE and gotten the ones with the buckle instead of the velcro upper thingy. I just got back from a 50 miler. My feet are the only part of my body that isn't hurting right now.

My son-in-law uses his Sidis with Crank Brother Candy's and seems to like them just fine.

Hanging On
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sidi makes cycling shoes of the highest quality. In my opinion, they set the bar for all cycling shoes. They will fit your feet if your feet taper toward the front, which is the most common foot shape. If your feet do not (my toes are much closer to the same length, so that my feet are more like rectangles) then they will hurt your toes. I used Sidi 5.5 shoes for a while, thinking that somehow my feet would get used to them. They never did, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soma5 View Post
    Sidi makes cycling shoes of the highest quality. In my opinion, they set the bar for all cycling shoes. They will fit your feet if your feet taper toward the front, which is the most common foot shape. If your feet do not (my toes are much closer to the same length, so that my feet are more like rectangles) then they will hurt your toes. I used Sidi 5.5 shoes for a while, thinking that somehow my feet would get used to them. They never did, unfortunately.
    That's why they have the mega sizes. I had the same problem until I switched to the megas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I owned two different pairs of cycling shoes before I bought my Sidi Genius 5's. I had foot trouble with the first two pair (Louis Garneau and and lower-priced pair of Sidis), but after the switch, I've had no trouble at all. IMO, they've been well worth what I paid for them. It's nice to have feet that don't hurt during a long ride.

By the way, I bought mine closeout for half the regular price, so if you shop around you might save some money.
    Specialized Ruby Expert; Salsa Casseroll, Rivendell Betty Foy; Xtracycle

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I HAD to buy new shoes this year. My old ones were from the mid 90's and with all the rain we had lately they began to smell like the cat pissed in them. I considered Sidis but could not take the hit. I went with the Shimano R160 from nashbar - but I got them at a deep discount. Very comfortable. They can be molded but I have had no need to do that as they fit well.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    Fisher Rail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've owned Sidi Genus 5's for 5 years. Best. shoe. ever. Comfortable as all get-out. I use Speedplay X5's. Just got my wife a pair of Sidi's this morning.

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have rode Sidi Genius 5's Megas for the past 5 or 6 years. I will replace then with another pair of Sidi's when its time to get new shoes.
    oldschool areodynamic brick

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decide whether you want real road pedals or MTB type pedals and buy the appropriate SIDI shoes. Pick your price level and the corresponding model. You'll be happy.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Trice Q; Volae Century; TT 3.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After listening to all the talk, I bought a pair of Genius 5 Pros. They are way, way overpriced and worth it.
    George
    Laissez les bon temps rouler

the dream shall never die galyons's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Cannondale R900 CAAD 8 Campy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sidi Genius 5's in the mega widths. First cycling shoes that fit my feet correctly. (Wide, high arches) The ability to adjust with the ratcheted buckle is a real plus! Yes expensive, but quality of materials and manufacturer usually is!

Cheers,
    Geary

My Bikes
    Not enough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a wide foot, and Sidi Mega's are very confortable and best shoe I've found. I also us speedplays. Only thing I don't like over SPD's in that shoe cleats fill up with dirt/mud (if ya need to walk) and clipping in is not a sure thing. There are some good deals on ebay if you watch as most sell used but almost new, after finding out they ought wrong side. Last Mega's I got were $75.

Good Luck.
    **Fate is a fickle thing, and in the end the true measure of a person is not fate itself, but how they master it**