Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50+'rs - Topeak Road Morph - $24.00

So, I just ordered a Topeak Road Morph with gauge, as my old pump is not that great.

On sale at Nashbar.com for $29.95 with an additional 20% discount (coupon code shown right there on the web page) = $23.96.

Of course, you have to pay shipping, but, then again, you would have to pay for gas and mileage if you drove to an LBS, and you wouldn't get such a deal!
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 08-10-09 at 05:16 PM.

My Bikes
    1974 Schwinn Super Sport, 2003 Trek 7500FX and 5500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a great deal. Almost wish I didn't have one already.
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax
    and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

My Bikes
    Litespeed Tuscany , Lemond Poprad, 1970's Motobecane Grand Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two because I got tired of moving it from bike to bike. Actually, I kept forgetting to move it so I just bought another one. One word of advice is to put a drop of loctite on the threads of the small bolt that holds the foot lever on. I was showing one of mine to a friend and bragging on how good they are and noticed my foot lever was gone. I put a drop of red loctite on the other one and haven't had any problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoMad View Post
    I have two because I got tired of moving it from bike to bike. Actually, I kept forgetting to move it so I just bought another one. One word of advice is to put a drop of loctite on the threads of the small bolt that holds the foot lever on. I was showing one of mine to a friend and bragging on how good they are and noticed my foot lever was gone. I put a drop of red loctite on the other one and haven't had any problems.
    I fashioned a 16d nail as the axle and have since been carefree (although I sling a MountainMorph).

It's all good.

Attached Images Attached Images

What is 50 miles of good road? Yes, I call it a very easy distance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, make sure the cap on the head, through which the valve is inserted, is securely screwed down on the head. I lost a cap earlier this year and didn't know it was missing until I had to stop to fix a flat. Now I take a quick look before a ride to make sure it's there. Guess I'll start eyeballing the foot peg as well.

My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Wingra, 30 yr old KHS Mountain Bike, Used Yakima traile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted this on another thread, but this may be the right place...

I have the pump, but the mount takes up a water bottle space. Does anybody have a source for a side-mount for this pump? I've emailed Topeak and received no response.

I don't usually carry 2 water bottles, but I do carry other things in the cage and I'd rather not give that up. For now I'm carrying a tiny Blackburn pump that only takes about 200 strokes to get up to an undisclosed pressure.
    The difference between "Bold" and "Stupid"
    is often measured by the severity of your injuries.

63 yr old MTB newbie and his lovely bride

His: '08 Roubaix S-Works, ''11 Stumpjumper FSR Comp, '11 TriCross Comp, '11 Globe SS with Brooks B-17W saddle
    Hers:'08 Ruby Pro, '11 Safire FSR Comp, '11 TriCross Comp, '11 Skinny Benny SS with Brooks B-17 saddle
    Theirs: '10 Breezer 3-speed commuter

My Bikes
    Specialized Expedition Sport, Surly LHT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoMad View Post
    A second word of advice- also put a drop of Loctite (removable) on the threads of the ring that holds the head assembly together. The ring will vibrate off, and you're left with no way to seal it to the valve stem.
    DP
    04 Specialized Expedition Sport
    08 Surly LHT

My Bikes
    Specialized Expedition Sport, Surly LHT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McQz View Post

I have the pump, but the mount takes up a water bottle space. Does anybody have a source for a side-mount for this pump? I've emailed Topeak and received no response.

I don't usually carry 2 water bottles, but I do carry other things in the cage and I'd rather not give that up. For now I'm carrying a tiny Blackburn pump that only takes about 200 strokes to get up to an undisclosed pressure.
    I've got two of them I can't use; ordered the wrong size. The ones I have are for the smaller diameter road pumps; I have the turbomorphs, larger body diameter. I'll let you have them for my cost- I think they were 4.95 each, plus shipping.
    DP
    04 Specialized Expedition Sport
    08 Surly LHT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McQz View Post

Call an outfit known as Todson. They have all the parts and pieces for Topeak pumps. When I called, I was told that there is a "side mount" which mounts between the bottle cage and the down tube. It was actually designed for another pump, the Master Blaster DX, but the diameter of the pump is the same as that of the Road Morph. I ordered it, they sent it, and it fits.

Todson's number is (800) 213-4561. Part number is TPD-2C. $4.95.

My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Wingra, 30 yr old KHS Mountain Bike, Used Yakima traile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dellphinus,
    I sent you a PM.
    Last edited by McQz; 08-11-09 at 09:41 AM.
    The difference between "Bold" and "Stupid"
    is often measured by the severity of your injuries.

63 yr old MTB newbie and his lovely bride

His: '08 Roubaix S-Works, ''11 Stumpjumper FSR Comp, '11 TriCross Comp, '11 Globe SS with Brooks B-17W saddle
    Hers:'08 Ruby Pro, '11 Safire FSR Comp, '11 TriCross Comp, '11 Skinny Benny SS with Brooks B-17 saddle
    Theirs: '10 Breezer 3-speed commuter