User Tag List

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Group Ride Pictures

Every Sunday, our coach hosts a group ride where he follows in the car and provides advice and etc. Yesterday, we rode to the coast over Skyline and climbed Tunitas Creek road which was one of the featured climbs in the Tour of California. The ride was 51 miles with 4,212 ft of climbing from my altimeter. My TSS was 207.

It was going to be a warm day at our house but on western side of Skyline it would be much cooler with wind off the ocean.

Here is our group warming up with my wife on the front and I am in second position behind the other leader in the double pace line.

We are entering a township that requires single file. I am in second position with my wife on the front a couple of riders ahead.

Here we are climbing Highway 84.

Clmbing the lower section of Tunitas Creek - 4 to 6% grade. Later, it pitches up for 8 to 12% for about a mile.

The top of Tunitas Creek with redwood trees as a background.

It was a beautiful day with temperatures in the 70s on the west side of Skyline and 90s on the east side.

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics. When you ride pace line do you typically leave that much gap? I find the pace lines I get in people are riding much closer or at least thats the way it seems.

On the picture of you and your wife climbing the hill - I assume the rest of the pack is about a 1/2 mile or so back - break away!
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclinfool View Post
    Great pics. When you ride pace line do you typically leave that much gap? I find the pace lines I get in people are riding much closer or at least thats the way it seems.

On the picture of you and your wife climbing the hill - I assume the rest of the pack is about a 1/2 mile or so back - break away!
    In the pics, we were warming up so everything was more relaxed. In the faster sections, the gaps closed up.

In the pics of my wife and I together, we were near the back of the line of riders. We were the last to arrive at regroup and the last to leave.

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent quality photos! Thanks for posting them!

Rick / OCRR

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pictures. The two of you know how to live! I'm envious.
    oldschool areodynamic brick