Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT: What happened tomorrow

40 years ago - Bethel NY

Woodstock

"Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....and everywhere there was song and celebration....

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen to XM channel 40 all weekend for music and interviews.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon

I thought of that while riding my bicycle -- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the director's cut of the movie the other day. I was 12 that summer, and I remember the moon landing far better than the festival. I also did not realize that Sha Na Na played there. The sets by CS&N and Sly and the Family Stone would have been incredible to see. Jefferson Airplane's Volunteers is probably one of the greatest recording ever. Janis Joplin seemed to be a waste of time. I kind of wonder whatever happened to the kid that was born there, who John Sebastian sang a song for.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not realise I was that old. Have the DVD and often put it on to listen to 4 hours of music that suits me down to the ground. Couple of singers do not play a style I like but this is my era.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had just graduated from HS that summer and Blood, Sweat and Tears was playing Blossom Music Center in NE Ohio a week or two before Woodstock. Blossom, the summer home of the Cleveland Orchestra, today has a maximum capacity of maybe 10,000. That night there were 27,000 people there in a light rain. The huge band shell at Blossom is anchored by massive steel arches. That night, guys were climbing up the arches and sitting on top of the band shell - security didn't know what to do.

I was working the night shift at a local factory, but my buddies picked me up with clothes and shoes suitable to go to the concert. I met my girlfriend (now my wife of 35 years) at the concert and we spent an amazing evening at Blossom in the rain. After the concert, my buddies dropped me off back at work where I clocked out at about 2 AM.

Due to contractual issues, BS&T didn't get into the movie or soundtrack for Woodstock, and after a brief, brilliant period, faded from the scene.
    "It could be anything. Scrap booking, high-stakes poker, or the Santa Fe lifestyle. Just pick a dead-end and chill out 'till you die."